• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Adidas Gazelle

modual

Reaction score
I'm curious as to why the gazelle never gets mentioned in "favourite sneaker" threads. To alot of people in the uk they epitomise the timeless look of adidas originals. Maybe its an English thing and arent popular in the states. Anyway these Gazelle vintage lokk very tasty imo

adidas-gazelle-red.jpg

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i love the regular red gazelles. reminds me of trainspotting
1733-212940-p.jpg

SGladwell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by modual
I'm curious as to why the gazelle never gets mentioned in "favourite sneaker" threads. To alot of people in the uk they epitomise the timeless look of adidas originals. Maybe its an English thing and arent popular in the states. Anyway these Gazelle vintage lokk very tasty imo

adidas-gazelle-red.jpg

I just bought a pair of those shoes in that very colorway, and I love them. The heel tongue doesn't seem as annoying as the Mex 66's.

grilledcheese

Reaction score
gazelles are top notch baby... you'll never have a problem in gazelles from me, but honestly, i don't seem to be on the same footwear wavelength as the majority of the distribution on this board.

theshonen8899

Reaction score
I love addidas in general. They seem to make every type of sneaker style look absolutly incredible.

andewhall

Reaction score
I know Gazelles hardly ever pop up. I love Gazelles, they are one of my all time favorites. I saw some nice red/white "I love Tokyo" ones recently. Cant go past the originals though. Gazelle II's are sweet though, green sole and Adidas logos

Reaction score
Originally Posted by andewhall
I know Gazelles hardly ever pop up. I love Gazelles, they are one of my all time favorites. I saw some nice red/white "I love Tokyo" ones recently. Cant go past the originals though. Gazelle II's are sweet though, green sole and Adidas logos

I know this thread was broght back from the dead, but i think these are what he means....

hustlenflo22

Reaction score
If you look at the gazelles and then look at the sambas (which are the more popular stylish adidas sneaker), I would say the difference lies within the thickness of the sole...

Personally, I don't like thick soles at all, but because the sambas' are thinner and slightly sleaker, they're more often the sneaker of choice for dressing down a suit, etc.

landho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find Adidas's high arches to be uncomfortable.

Synrax

Reaction score
Originally Posted by landho
I find Adidas's high arches to be uncomfortable.

Same here. The arch on the Stan Smith was unbearable so I cut them out and afterwards it felt great.

Starguitar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by modual

adidas-gazelle-red.jpg

I love Gazelles. I owned a few pairs of those back in the day. They remind me of Liam Gallagher and Britpop.

StarChild

Reaction score
I've just recently bought a pair of Gazelles off ebay.

I love the retro vintage look and I had a pair the same colour when I was at uni about 10 years ago.

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Being influenced by britpop, I also used to rock the gazelles. How do they fit now? I remember last time I bought some (1999), I had to size up a half size for length. They were also fairly narrow.

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
I love Gazelles, but I find myself not wearing them much in summer because they are suede.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads