Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Adidas Gazelle

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by modual, Oct 8, 2006.

1. modual

modual Senior member

I'm curious as to why the gazelle never gets mentioned in "favourite sneaker" threads. To alot of people in the uk they epitomise the timeless look of adidas originals. Maybe its an English thing and arent popular in the states. Anyway these Gazelle vintage lokk very tasty imo

[​IMG]

2. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

i love the regular red gazelles. reminds me of trainspotting [​IMG]

3. SGladwell

SGladwell Senior member

I'm curious as to why the gazelle never gets mentioned in "favourite sneaker" threads. To alot of people in the uk they epitomise the timeless look of adidas originals. Maybe its an English thing and arent popular in the states. Anyway these Gazelle vintage lokk very tasty imo

[​IMG]

I just bought a pair of those shoes in that very colorway, and I love them. The heel tongue doesn't seem as annoying as the Mex 66's.

4. grilledcheese

grilledcheese Senior member

gazelles are top notch baby... you'll never have a problem in gazelles from me, but honestly, i don't seem to be on the same footwear wavelength as the majority of the distribution on this board.

5. theshonen8899

theshonen8899 Senior member

I love addidas in general. They seem to make every type of sneaker style look absolutly incredible.

6. andewhall

andewhall Senior member

I know Gazelles hardly ever pop up. I love Gazelles, they are one of my all time favorites. I saw some nice red/white "I love Tokyo" ones recently. Cant go past the originals though. Gazelle II's are sweet though, green sole and Adidas logos

7. 65535

65535 Senior member

I know Gazelles hardly ever pop up. I love Gazelles, they are one of my all time favorites. I saw some nice red/white "I love Tokyo" ones recently. Cant go past the originals though. Gazelle II's are sweet though, green sole and Adidas logos

I know this thread was broght back from the dead, but i think these are what he means....

8. hustlenflo22

hustlenflo22 Senior member

If you look at the gazelles and then look at the sambas (which are the more popular stylish adidas sneaker), I would say the difference lies within the thickness of the sole...

Personally, I don't like thick soles at all, but because the sambas' are thinner and slightly sleaker, they're more often the sneaker of choice for dressing down a suit, etc.

9. landho

landho Senior member

I find Adidas's high arches to be uncomfortable.

10. Synrax

Synrax Senior member

I find Adidas's high arches to be uncomfortable.

Same here. The arch on the Stan Smith was unbearable so I cut them out and afterwards it felt great.

11. Starguitar

Starguitar Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I love Gazelles. I owned a few pairs of those back in the day. They remind me of Liam Gallagher and Britpop.

12. StarChild

StarChild New Member

I've just recently bought a pair of Gazelles off ebay.

I love the retro vintage look and I had a pair the same colour when I was at uni about 10 years ago.
    [​IMG]

13. Deluks917

Deluks917 Senior member

i love the regular red gazelles. reminds me of trainspotting

[​IMG]

Wear em all the time.

14. wannabeagiant

wannabeagiant Senior member

Being influenced by britpop, I also used to rock the gazelles. How do they fit now? I remember last time I bought some (1999), I had to size up a half size for length. They were also fairly narrow.

15. ArliHawk`

ArliHawk` Senior member

I love Gazelles, but I find myself not wearing them much in summer because they are suede.