1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Adding waistcoat to light grey suit with a shine - Wedding

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by eoinp, Apr 2, 2016.

1. eoinp

eoinp New Member

Hey all! I

bought this 2 piece suit and will be looking to add a waist coat to it. Finding exact colour AND fabric would likely be too hard, so i am thinking to contrast.

I read the forums and general advice is to contrast the colour and fabric. Navy's being suggested to grey a few times.

With this light grey and with this amount of shine, what advice could you give me?

Bonus question: there is black trim on the suit, could i still wear brown shoes/belt??

Thanks!!

P.S I'll be wearing a white shirt, light pink tie to match flowers and I'll have the waist on the jacket let out a little bit :)

[​IMG]

2. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

This is an unusual case where a dull navy waistcoat might be the best choice.

Only consider non-black shoes if the festivities will end during daylight.

3. Despos

Despos Senior member

cream, buff or dove grey are best choices for a vest and probably the easiest colors to find ready made.

The jacket is too small in the upper chest and causes the lapels to bow like that. Shoulder slope may be contributing but not sure.

2 people like this.
  4. GBR

GBR Senior member

It certainly does not look to be an elegant suit - can't you do better?

1 person likes this.
  5. Veremund

Veremund Senior member

You definitely can do better.

6. eoinp

eoinp New Member

Thanks for the replies! I will be sure to look out for the colours mentioned.

As for doing better... i will be getting the tailor to let it out a bit, and i am VERY difficult to find a perfectly fitting suit for.

The hunt is still on, possibly for a blue suit, maybe a little larger to allow for tailoring (once it fits shoulders)

But this was a very good price and it will ensure that i don't get caught out without a suit.

7. Veremund

Veremund Senior member

It doesn't matter how "good" the price was. It doesn't look good at all. I know what it's like to have problems finding anything that fits right, but that doesn't excuse this suit.