• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Adding numbers to back of rugby shirts

VictorC

Senior Member
Joined
May 26, 2008
Messages
366
Reaction score
1
Just wondering do people know if its possible to add numbers to back of rugby shirts? Would anyone do this or has anyone done it.? I think it looks more authentic and a pet peeve of mine is that no rugby shirts you buy in the shops or anywhere seem to have numbers on the back!
 

Amiens

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 5, 2010
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
You could add letters instead; wasn't it Leicester who wore letters?
 

VictorC

Senior Member
Joined
May 26, 2008
Messages
366
Reaction score
1
^^^^
not sure about that one? But i dont think i would like letters on mine. Definately a number, but just a case of what number and what size? I know i want a white number. I just need to know where i can get it done, if i can get it done that is.?
 

cardguy

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2010
Messages
111
Reaction score
0
Any place that does custom jerseys (for youth sports teams, etc.) should have a wide range of numbers available that they could sew onto your shirt. Whether they'd have a style you like is another question.
 

word

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2009
Messages
755
Reaction score
1
RL Rugby has Rugby shirts with numbers on the back. I believe you can customize them too.
 

tinkle60

Active Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2009
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
You can use:

Transfers which are ironed on, usually only last a few washes before they start cracking then coming off.

or

Sewn on numbers, either directly onto the shirt, or onto a square or diamond shaped background patch which makes it a lot quicker.

Hackett have some rugby shirts with numbers already on them.


When I was at school we would get our shirts ordered from Peveril with the number already attached.
 

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Oct 13, 2006
Messages
26,130
Reaction score
1,649
Originally Posted by Amiens
You could add letters instead; wasn't it Leicester who wore letters?

Years ago...

They have numbers for a long time now...

I used to find that idiotic ...Most spectators and referees didn't have a clue...
 

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Oct 13, 2006
Messages
26,130
Reaction score
1,649
Originally Posted by VictorC
Just wondering do people know if its possible to add numbers to back of rugby shirts? Would anyone do this or has anyone done it.? I think it looks more authentic and a pet peeve of mine is that no rugby shirts you buy in the shops or anywhere seem to have numbers on the back!

Go and buy real rugby shirts and they will add the number at the back when you buy them...

There are a lot of websites offering clubs and international rugby shirts.

Just bought for my 1 year old a shirt from Eden Park ....

That is a bit expensive but it is rugby chic...

The director is a former rugby international ,the quality is very good ,the design beautiful and still rugby inspired...
 

Bull

Distinguished Member
Joined
May 12, 2010
Messages
1,285
Reaction score
4
Here you go:

http://easternlettering.net/cart/ind...index&cPath=23

Have your local dry cleaner sew them on, though (I hate dry cleaners for alterations - any alterations - but sewing on a patch is something even the worst seamstress can handle). The glue that sticks to the cloth is irritating IMO.
 

VictorC

Senior Member
Joined
May 26, 2008
Messages
366
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by tinkle60
You can use:

Transfers which are ironed on, usually only last a few washes before they start cracking then coming off.

or

Sewn on numbers, either directly onto the shirt, or onto a square or diamond shaped background patch which makes it a lot quicker.

Hackett have some rugby shirts with numbers already on them.


When I was at school we would get our shirts ordered from Peveril with the number already attached.


Yes i think i want a sewn on one. I dont like the look of numbers on a patch though.
I emailed peveril but i didnt really understand the reply.
 

VictorC

Senior Member
Joined
May 26, 2008
Messages
366
Reaction score
1
When it comes to numbers, has anyone any idea how many inches long is a good size for a number? Also are 2 numbers better than 1?
 

asdf

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2009
Messages
810
Reaction score
3
Originally Posted by VictorC
When it comes to numbers, has anyone any idea how many inches long is a good size for a number? Also are 2 numbers better than 1?


Don't know about number height, but you dont want a number higher than 15
 

tinkle60

Active Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2009
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by asdf
Don't know about number height, but you dont want a number higher than 15


I wouldn't go with 1-3 either, unless you're of a stocky build.
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

  • JW Anderson x Uniqlo

  • Nigo x Virgil Abloh

  • Converse x Midnight Studios

  • Rick Owens x Champion

  • Barbour x Engineered Garments

  • Adidas x Bed JW Ford

  • Jordan Brand x Dior

  • Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

  • Lego x Levi's


Results are only viewable after voting.

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
446,514
Messages
9,656,855
Members
201,791
Latest member
Aydee_g
Top