• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Adding 1000-1500 calories to the daily intake

areyounoob

Reaction score
Are there any health precautions I should note of before doing this? At how many calories would be too much to add to my daily intake?
For my overall standings I'm 5'5, 105 pounds and 18 years old. I know. **** me. I never cared about my weight before as being skinny was never emphasized in my environment. It was only said if you were fat that you should change, never if you were skinny.

I'm looking to gain body fat instead of muscle. I'm extremely skinny and see no point to working out until I have an actual body to work out and gain muscle on. Say whatever you want but I'm not going to vigorously work out until I gain at least 50 pounds. I'm that skinny.

Lagrangian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by areyounoob
I'm looking to gain body fat instead of muscle. I'm extremely skinny and see no point to working out until I have an actual body to work out and gain muscle on. Say whatever you want but I'm not going to vigorously work out until I gain at least 50 pounds. I'm that skinny.

Dumbest thing ever, especially given that you've never lifted at all. Where you're at right now, recomping later on will be more difficult than putting on decent muscle (and some adipose tissue as well).

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm gonna bet that a lot of your fat gain will go to your belly. You'll become skinny-fat, which, in my opinion, is the worst.

Lift. Eat protein. Eat clean.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

capnpyro

Reaction score
two phases of working out, bulking and cutting, go google those then revisit your plan.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by areyounoob

First quote: okay, so you're severely underweight, so gaining fat isnt a horrible idea. gaining 50 pounds of fat is a terrible idea. eat above your maintenance level, lots of carbs and protein, and a little less fat. lift weights.

Originally Posted by capnpyro
two phases of working out, bulking and cutting, go google those then revisit your plan.

no

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
**** if im 50 lbs difference i can sway from being ethiopian anorexic to a potbelly amerikun.

50 lbs is a big difference

you dont want to gain 50 lbs fat.
you want to start from where you are and slowly build lean muscle.

you dont have to gain fat to turn to muscle
just start eating more clean protein fuel and work out heavier and gain size slowly. quicker.

James_M

Reaction score
Wanting to gain 50 pounds of fat may be the dumbest godd damn thing I've ever heard. You can't turn fat into muscle afterwards.

MartinLil

Reaction score
You're going about this backwards. You do not want to gain fat. If you go that route, you will end up having to work out to get rid of the fat and build muscle when you could just be building muscle. Why not add protein (most proteins are high in fat, so be careful) and a work out program for the body you have now instead of adding that unhealthy step of fat-gaining. Get a personal trainer and follow her/his instructions.

James_M

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MartinLil
You're going about this backwards. You do not want to gain fat. If you go that route, you will end up having to work out to get rid of the fat and build muscle when you could just be building muscle. Why not add protein (most proteins are high in fat, so be careful) and a work out program for the body you have now instead of adding that unhealthy step of fat-gaining. Get a personal trainer and follow her/his instructions.

Most proteins are not high in fat.

Lagrangian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The entire approach of gaining 50 lbs of fat is an ass-backwards approach to the OP's problem. Firstly, gaining that amount of pure adipose tissue will leave the OP in the vicinity of > 20% bodyfat, if not higher (this is not a great thing). Secondly, recomping is hard ******* work, especially for a noob lifter with little experience of dieting.

I understand that while lifting heavy and managing your diet from the get-go seems arduous, but let me assure you - fulk now and you'll regret it later. It's good that you're not afraid of gaining some bodyfat along the way, but it's better to train and eat right from the beginning, not just later on. That way you'll end up putting on more lbm, which then makes your job that much easier if (or when ) you finally want to lean out.

If you're seriously committed to your project, look up jarudes excellent noob lifter thread here:
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=215501

stylenooob

Reaction score
Don't feed the troll.

No one could actually think that the solution to being skinny is to get their body fat up to around 40% before starting to exercise.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by James_M
Most proteins are not high in fat.

i think he meant most meats are high in fat, which is pretty true

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If the OP actually gained 50 lbs of fat, he'd come in around 45% body fat
eh.gif
Anorexic to morbidly skinny fat (did I just coin a new term?), yay!

cross22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is not possible to only put on fat.
nest.gif
peepwall[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics