addendum to the non-traditional shoes with jeans post

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by drizzt3117, Sep 29, 2006.

1. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I picked up the following AEs mostly for use with denim, comments? I bought used ones because I figured they might be somewhat more distressed, read casual... what do you guys think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. hobo

hobo Well-Known Member

I think I'd be better able to pass judgment if I could see the shoes being worn with jeans

3. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Big Winner

the brogues look more denimish than the captoes IMO
    nice pickups

4. familyman

familyman Senior member

I think both shoes will work out ok. The captoes are certainly a sturdy looking pair of shoes and that's what should make them work. Pics of said shoes with jeans would make it easier to determine their overall look.

5. wq1999

wq1999 Senior member

A close friend has the same brogues and wears them with jeans regularly. His are quite beat up, and have a nice antique look -- they look great!

6. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

Drizzt, I saw a guy on the bus just today, on my way into work, who was wearing jeans with brogues much like that. It looked great. It was completely fortuitous, because everything else he was wearing looked like crap, but the brogues worked perfectly. If only he hadn't been wearing black socks with his brown brogues. Or maybe if his jeans didn't look like they were hemmed by Thom Browne.

7. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Senior member

I think both will look great if you ignore your Men's Clothing section training and beat the hell out of them.

8. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I think both will look great if you ignore your Men's Clothing section training and beat the hell out of them.

Yeah, I just bought some other AE ankle boots that seem like they would look good as well. I figure at ~100 or so for these 3 pairs of shoes, it's a fairly economical way to diversify my casual footwear haha.

[​IMG]

9. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Drizzt, I saw a guy on the bus just today, on my way into work, who was wearing jeans with brogues much like that. It looked great. It was completely fortuitous, because everything else he was wearing looked like crap, but the brogues worked perfectly. If only he hadn't been wearing black socks with his brown brogues. Or maybe if his jeans didn't look like they were hemmed by Thom Browne.

BTW what do you guys think about charcoal socks with cordovan? Seems like it would be hard to get maroon colored socks, but would brown or navy be better?

10. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

BTW what do you guys think about charcoal socks with cordovan? Seems like it would be hard to get maroon colored socks, but would brown or navy be better?

For my part, I think charcoal goes with almost everything. I actually like straight up gray (even as light as heather, sometimes) with maroon and other deep reds. Navy is good too, though. Brown, for me, depends on the particular shade. My $0.02!

11. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

IMHO it would look fine. As long as the charcoal does not look almost black, that may look rather off.

12. kwiteaboy

kwiteaboy Senior member

Yeah, I just bought some other AE ankle boots that seem like they would look good as well. I figure at ~100 or so for these 3 pairs of shoes, it's a fairly economical way to diversify my casual footwear haha.

[​IMG]

I love those.

13. familyman

familyman Senior member

I've always hated any zip up ankle boots. But those, those I love. Wow.

14. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

Man, where are you finding nice shoes for $33? Hook me up.

15. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

Man, where are you finding nice shoes for $33? Hook me up.

gotta be the e(vil)bay.