Adam Kimmel

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Sep 30, 2006.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I was just wondering what you guys thought of Adam Kimmel's line. No, not the comedian/host guy, the designer. In the vein of Engineered Garments and Rag & Bone with lots of workwear influences and fabrics like canvas (although I've seen no boiled wool, something Engineered Garments does very good work with). But he also has things like cashmere sweaters (pretty sure workmen at the beginning of the 20th century did not wear these) and tuxedos, as well as more innovative things like knit tuxedos. I know he sells at Bergdorfs, and there has been a lot of press mentions.

2. Oldboy

Oldboy Senior member

3. jardindejambon

jardindejambon Member

Rolo in SF has it. The jackets/coats are the best items in the collection IMO, and it's a bit more modern looking to my eye than engineered garments.

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Rolo in SF has it. The jackets/coats are the best items in the collection IMO, and it's a bit more modern looking to my eye than engineered garments.

I didn't know that Rolo has it. I agree with you on both points; and all the "heritage" lines seem to be strongest in outerwear. The materials (moleskin, corduroy, cotton twill, boiled wool, cotton canvas, leather) all lend themselves best to coats and jackets.

5. Nil

Nil Senior member

What's the average price point for his collection?

6. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Senior member

Looks like some nice pieces on The Sartorialist. I even like the distressed boots (which I usually don't do outside of Poell/Carpe Diem). However, looking at his lookbook, past seasons look nothing like a "heritage" line. Some nice cuts, but overall it seems a little droll and the palette is generica to the max. I'd have to see more of F/W 2006 to sell me on it.

7. Tck13

Tck13 Senior member

Adam Kimmel's clothes and review...

From MensStyle:

I like this:

[​IMG]