• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Acquariums in DC

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm considering buying a few fish for a fish tank in my office (don't ask how I plan on getting them through security). But for some reason I can't seem to locate acquariums in DC. What gives?

jkennett

Reaction score
Try searching for them with the spelling "aquarium". Also, pet stores often have an aquarium section.

parham

Reaction score
The two best stores I've found are actually in Maryland, and somewhat hard to find: Scales Tropical Fish Warehouse 744 Cloverly Street Cloverly, Maryland 20905 301-384-7839 (They have a huge selection and have shrimp and planted tank supplies) Totally Fish \t 13671 Georgia Avenue Aspen Hill, MD 20906 301 598-2229 The closest to me, when you really need some quickly, is inside the Beltway: Tropical Lagoon 9439 Georgia Ave Silver Spring, MD (301) 585-6562 J The Fish Guy in College Park supposedly has good prices. No affiliation. http://www.freewebs.com/jthefishguy/ Forgot one... Fins & Feathers 43150 Broadlands Ctr Plz # 154 Broadlands, VA (703) 726-1655 They sell some ADA products Check out http://www.gwapa.org/

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah I knew of a bunch in maryland. I was hoping to find something within DC and metro accessible. Thanks though

migo

Reaction score
there's a petsmart up along the red line somewhere...I think in Van Ness

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah I think it's in Cleveland park actually.

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
(don't ask how I plan on getting them through security)

How do you plan to get them through security? Putting them in a thermos works really well for smuggling fish, and everyone just thinks you've got soup or something.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by contactme_11
How do you plan to get them through security? Putting them in a thermos works really well for smuggling fish, and everyone just thinks you've got soup or something.

Yeah. if I do go ahead with this I will put them in some type of container or plastic bag and then disguise it as my lunch in a brown paper bag.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads