• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Acne

wagthesam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems like this brand is really good for skinnier, taller men.

Does anyone have any experiences with their clothes? How is the quality?

The prices are quite high.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wagthesam
It seems like this brand is really good for skinnier, taller men.

Does anyone have any experiences with their clothes? How is the quality?

The prices are quite high.

Not sure about quality/fit but their prices are very much in-line with APC, another mid-level Euro designer.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
it is just mid tier, overpriced for what it is like apc but better than mall stuff like jcrew

mrtophat

Reaction score
I have a button down. it is super slim in the chest and some serious taper, high arm holes, but the sleeves seem a little billowy compared to the rest of the cut. has mop buttons and the fabric is nice - pretty good quality over all. wouldn't pay full price for it though.

nonissue

Reaction score
Is there another acne thread? I can't find one, so I guess I'll bump this one:

How is the quality of their denim? A local store started carrying a few different fits in raw, but they retail for 270 canadian, which is pretty ******* steep for non-selvage denim. Any thoughts?

wagthesam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like that acne sells everything on its own website. You don't have to search up different places trying to find random stuff.

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
it is just mid tier, overpriced for what it is like apc but better than mall stuff like jcrew

I'd say their denim is better, but would argue nothing else Acne is doing is even marginally better than Jcrew.

Doin' Fine.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wagthesam
I like that acne sells everything on its own website. You don't have to search up different places trying to find random stuff.

Yeah sure, except their stock runs out in all of two seconds.

clausc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have 5 pairs of Acne jeans which are very nice at 50% off. I'm not impressed with the other items. However for jeans, I cannot wear any more they very slim models (Max) . The best fit for me (medium built, in my 30s) is the Mic model. I do not like very much the Stay or Moc models (a bit baggy). The denim quality is very good. Guide to different models http://shop.acnestudios.com/shop.asp?p=cs2_jeansguide They have an outlet/sales online that is refreshed every few months. http://shop.acnestudios.com/outlet/ Yoox have also good prices.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't really wear washed jeans but Acne has some of the nicest I've seen.

Oxnard

Reaction score
Acne denim is pretty good if you can get it at like 30-50% off, otherwise it is way overpriced at full retail, for $250 there are a slew of other brands that make much better denim for the money. Haven't tried too many of the knits or shirts and what not, but again its like the jeans, reasonably good at a discount but there are way better options available at the full retail prices.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Fits are generally trim and they have pieces that try to play with proportion as well. Fabrics differ by the piece. I have a sweater that is really nice and i've also felt a sweater that felt fairly mediocre. Construction is decent enough. It's not as weak and inconsistant as AA and H&M but it's certainly not going to be barbour/filson or whatever but i don't think anyone here will really have a problem with it (most people here have a mythical view of construction/quality that doesn't matter to them nor do they recognize). Styling is usually pretty up to date and some fashionforward trendy stuff mixed in with classic basics.

Basically, it's a solid brand of basics and occasionally you can pull something real cool from them. It has a wide distribution in the US these days and is available in a lot of places and can usually be found on sale because of this

VFactor24

Reaction score
clausc - thanks for the link to the outlet site.

I have a pair of size 30 Acne Mic's in dry smudge that I got off tobi's website for 50% off. These are easily my favorite pair of jeans.

For me, my pair of Acne's fill in the gap between my size 28 APC New Standard and Rescue jeans.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads