Acne

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by wagthesam, Oct 6, 2009.

1. wagthesam

wagthesam Senior member

It seems like this brand is really good for skinnier, taller men.

Does anyone have any experiences with their clothes? How is the quality?

The prices are quite high.

2. breakz

breakz Senior member

It seems like this brand is really good for skinnier, taller men.

Does anyone have any experiences with their clothes? How is the quality?

The prices are quite high.

Not sure about quality/fit but their prices are very much in-line with APC, another mid-level Euro designer.

3. jet

jet Persian Bro

it is just mid tier, overpriced for what it is like apc but better than mall stuff like jcrew

4. mrtophat

mrtophat Well-Known Member

I have a button down. it is super slim in the chest and some serious taper, high arm holes, but the sleeves seem a little billowy compared to the rest of the cut. has mop buttons and the fabric is nice - pretty good quality over all. wouldn't pay full price for it though.

5. blynch

blynch Senior member

I like the couple pair of pants I have from them, slacks and chinos. I did have to size down to 31 though, usually a 32. Check yoox out, usually have some acne.

6. nonissue

nonissue Senior member

Is there another acne thread? I can't find one, so I guess I'll bump this one:

How is the quality of their denim? A local store started carrying a few different fits in raw, but they retail for 270 canadian, which is pretty fucking steep for non-selvage denim. Any thoughts?

7. wagthesam

wagthesam Senior member

I like that acne sells everything on its own website. You don't have to search up different places trying to find random stuff.

8. hboogz

hboogz Senior member

it is just mid tier, overpriced for what it is like apc but better than mall stuff like jcrew

I'd say their denim is better, but would argue nothing else Acne is doing is even marginally better than Jcrew.

9. Doin' Fine.

Doin' Fine. Senior member

I like that acne sells everything on its own website. You don't have to search up different places trying to find random stuff.

Yeah sure, except their stock runs out in all of two seconds.

10. clausc

clausc Senior member

I have 5 pairs of Acne jeans which are very nice at 50% off. I'm not impressed with the other items. However for jeans, I cannot wear any more they very slim models (Max) . The best fit for me (medium built, in my 30s) is the Mic model. I do not like very much the Stay or Moc models (a bit baggy). The denim quality is very good. Guide to different models http://shop.acnestudios.com/shop.asp?p=cs2_jeansguide They have an outlet/sales online that is refreshed every few months. http://shop.acnestudios.com/outlet/ Yoox have also good prices.

11. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

Don't really wear washed jeans but Acne has some of the nicest I've seen.

12. Oxnard

Oxnard Senior member

Acne denim is pretty good if you can get it at like 30-50% off, otherwise it is way overpriced at full retail, for $250 there are a slew of other brands that make much better denim for the money. Haven't tried too many of the knits or shirts and what not, but again its like the jeans, reasonably good at a discount but there are way better options available at the full retail prices.

13. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Fits are generally trim and they have pieces that try to play with proportion as well. Fabrics differ by the piece. I have a sweater that is really nice and i've also felt a sweater that felt fairly mediocre. Construction is decent enough. It's not as weak and inconsistant as AA and H&M but it's certainly not going to be barbour/filson or whatever but i don't think anyone here will really have a problem with it (most people here have a mythical view of construction/quality that doesn't matter to them nor do they recognize). Styling is usually pretty up to date and some fashionforward trendy stuff mixed in with classic basics.

Basically, it's a solid brand of basics and occasionally you can pull something real cool from them. It has a wide distribution in the US these days and is available in a lot of places and can usually be found on sale because of this

14. BrettChaotix

BrettChaotix Senior member

The MAX cut denim are one of my favorites, I own raws and a pre-wash. The raws are almost 4 years old and have a taken a lot of abuse very well. I'm not a big fan of their shirts/outerwear.

15. VFactor24

VFactor24 New Member

clausc - thanks for the link to the outlet site.

I have a pair of size 30 Acne Mic's in dry smudge that I got off tobi's website for 50% off. These are easily my favorite pair of jeans.

For me, my pair of Acne's fill in the gap between my size 28 APC New Standard and Rescue jeans.