• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Acne problems

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Guys,

One of my girlfriends needs a little help with her Acne. She's 26, asian and she says that Proactive isnt working for her.

She's a great person, and she asked me for help, so what can i do but help
smile.gif

Thanks in Advance
Brian

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
LOL, wow thanks for the help....

She loves Zegna jackets, especially tweed herringbones with a blue overcheck
lol8[1].gif

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well maybe some dried up flied lice.

Star

Reaction score
Agree with the last poster. I had acne when I was in my late teens. My GP suggested a Dermatologist who prescribed me some tablets. Within 3 months they were gone.

All the soaps, cremes, cleansers and etc they typically market towards teenager is useless.

Pretty important to treat as quickly as possible otherwise the face may end up like a permanent moonscape.

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did she size down?

Beta

Reaction score
platinumlabz.com acne annihilator is good. and inexpensive. worth a shot.

renegade211

Reaction score
Get her to see a dermatologist.

My experience (had really heavy acne all through my teenage years):

- All creams etc that you find in a drugstore/supermarket are worthless. Frequently washing the skin to keep if from getting oily, and a good diet help a little, but not much.
- Vitamin A Acid treatments help, but only as long as you use it, and it's quite aggessive on the skin.
- Accutane pills (called roaccutane in some markets) is by far the best way to get rid of Acne for good. Took it for six months five years ago, and havent had a single problem with acne ever since.
Some caveats: She absolutely cant get pregnant while taking it (it harms embryos), it may have side effects like dry lips or skin while taking it, and you need to have your blood levels checked regularly while taking it. And check if her insurance covers it, since it's quite pricey (in Europe: about 1500 dollars for the usual six-month treatment). So not the easiest way, but very effective, and I'm very glad I had a dermatologist who recommended it.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I believe in less harsh cleaners and more regular use of Benzoyl Peroxide. She should go to a dermatologist, but what has worked for me is using a prescription 5% BPO gel every day along with Cetaphil lotion after scrubbing with a wet washcloth and shaving. I don't "wash" my face any more and it hasn't ever been better since before it started getting to be an issue.

Beta

Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
I believe in less harsh cleaners and more regular use of Benzoyl Peroxide. She should go to a dermatologist, but what has worked for me is using a prescription 5% BPO gel every day along with Cetaphil lotion after scrubbing with a wet washcloth and shaving. I don't "wash" my face any more and it hasn't ever been better since before it started getting to be an issue.

+1 to cetaphil as well

Kris

Reaction score
Maca root powder. You can buy it cheaply on ebay, in bulk. It is a natural, gentle hormone balancer. I know three people who had awesome results on the acne. It's also a great workout supplement for men, as it boosts testosterone (in men, not in women). For women, it can lessen the effects of premenstrual syndrome. It has been proven to boost libido in men and women. Go get her acne all cleared up.
smile.gif

iLLmAtiCiAn

Reaction score
Honestly, I had used all the OTC ****. Also, from what I know prescription drugs are just more powerful forms of OTC **** that can leave some very negative side effects.

However, one thing worked for me. Use Aqua Glycolic Face Wash and Aloe Vera Gel for moisturizing. It's nowhere near as harmful for your skin ad SA and BP and stuff like that. I don't think its even meant to treat acne but it does and even after getting rid of almost all my acne I still use it and will probably keep using it since it's cheap and really helps with skin complexion overall without even putting acne in the discussion.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads