Achilles sneakers

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Baron, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

Anybody heard of this brand? I went into South Willard on 3rd St. in L.A. and they had a pair of white sneakers by Achilles. They looked a lot like Stan Smiths, but they were totally white all over with no markings. I've been wanting a shoe just like that, but wasn't too thrilled at the $250 price tag. Anyone know where else these are available, or anything about the brand? They were made in Italy, btw.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I've never heard of the brand, but last year, Adidas actually made a pair of all white Stan Smiths with just the green accent at the back, which sold for considerably cheaper (they retailed $85, I think.)

You might want to look at Spring Court as well. They have an all white sneaker this season that is probably closer to a really comfortable Jack Purcell, but made from the softest leather I've ever touched on a sneaker. Bout $165, which is pretty expensive still, but a whole lot cheaper than $250 [​IMG] I love white kicks. PRoblem is that they stay white for about 10 minutes, tops.

3. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

Who carries Spring Court?

never mind - I found the website. Thanks!

4. scutlerlax

scutlerlax New Member

I think you are thinking of the shoe brand "Common Projects" - the model name of the sneakeer is "Achilles". I live in New York so I don't know where they are available in L.A. but Nom De Guerre, Unis, and Steven Alan carry them here in NYC.
    go to www.commonprojects.com and they ahve an e-mail link, maybe they can help you locate them.
    hope this helps