accounting interview : what % of people usually get hired from attending a pwc superday?

Discussion in 'Business, Careers & Education' started by eddievddr10, Aug 17, 2011.

1. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

my wife (finally!) has an interview at an upcomojng pwc superday, just curious what percentage usually make the cut at this type of interview? also if anyone has any i tips on how to ace the interview it would be much appreciated.

2. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

Is Superday their final round of interviews, usually done in the office? If so, then it's a pretty high percentage, like 90%+.

3. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

yes its in the offices, but it was straight from a phone interview to a superday so i was wondering ifthat makes a difference since shes not coming from campus recruiting

4. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

That shouldn't make a difference. Accounting firms almost never do multiple office visit interviews. Once the office visit is done, a decision is made.

5. runofthedill

runofthedill Member

Im staff at an big 4 and Ive been to a lot of office interviews before I landed this position. Id say its 50% to be honest.

6. runofthedill

runofthedill Member

the office interview is more of a question, can you fit in at the office. Either she can or she can't, not a lot of tips. Be positive, be yourself.

7. bdbb

bdbb Senior member

It's definitely NOT 90%, I'd say it's more like 40-60% depending on the year.

And this is definitely true, I got dinged with a 3.9+ and people with 3.3's got offers. I'd say I ended up much better off for it. Public accounting is a good fit for personable workhorses of unexceptional ability. An aloof but brilliant slacker never would have fit in, so I crushed the LSAT for 3x the pay.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011

8. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

What office and practice did y'all interview at to get so many rejections? For Houston/Dallas audit nearly everyone that had an office visit got an offer.

9. sky789

sky789 New Member

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015