• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Accommodations in London (June)

Geoff Gander

Reaction score
Hi all,

My bro-in-law is heading to London in early June for a few days, and he's looking for something downtown that isn't a hostel, preferably for less than 100 GBP/night. Any ideas?

And yes, I am thinking of giving him a shopping list. Any decent sales in June?

Geoff

Not Ed Harris

Reaction score
For the accommodation, £100/night isn't going to get you that much. I assume your basic requirments are the usual being clean and not having to share a bathroom. There are fair number of small independent hotels that are within budget but I can't really vouch for any of them. You could try looking at Easyhotel if you can get past the orangeness and having to pay extra to use the TV.

Most stores start their summer sales in June/July so you're in luck there. As another tip, there are often sample sales advertised in the local free papers (Metro and Evening Standard) around the usual sales period. Usually they're just off Oxford Street and I've seen ones for Gieves & Hawkes, Kilgour, Hermes, Versace and Reiss. Richard James also do them, but they're usually in the City.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Geoff Gander
Hi all,

My bro-in-law is heading to London in early June for a few days, and he's looking for something downtown that isn't a hostel, preferably for less than 100 GBP/night. Any ideas?

And yes, I am thinking of giving him a shopping list. Any decent sales in June?

Geoff

I don't generally stay overnight in London, but the reviews on this site are generally a good guide:

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/HACSearch?geo=186338&q=London,+United+Kingdom&inDay=18&inMonth=02/2011&checkIn=dd/mm/yyyy&outDay=20&outMonth=02/2011&checkOut=dd/mm/yyyy&searchAll=true&adults=2#02,1297963501093,bc_airports:S,bc_convention_centers:S,nameContains:S,l1price:S0|100,cat:-1,tb:S0,sa:-1

Geezer

Reaction score
There's a Premier Inn (unimpressive but inoffensive budget hotel chain) in the old County Hall building (Belvedere St). Not expensive. Great location: next to London Eye, Big Ben, brisk 20 minute walk to St James'.

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You could try the Tavistock hotel. The singles are cheap, but I have no desire to go back. I looked at both the Ceasar Hotel and the Academy Hotel London before going with the later for my trip in March.

There are probably far better places for about twice the cost, one can glean from earlier threads: Hazlitts, Durrants, Number 16 or perhaps Rough Luxe or the Hoxton.

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 24 32.4%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 7 9.5%