• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Accidentally left price-tag on gift... What to do?

Master Milano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello, guys, I'm new to this forum. My dilemmas just like the title says. Even though the gift is not overly expensive, she feel like it is. Do you guys have any ideas on how to fix this up
frown.gif

Gingahbman

Reaction score
Well before we can accurately help ya... give us the who, what, when, where, why of the situation.

Most importantly, who was this for?

gin8u

Reaction score
you could say that it was on sale. Sometimes stores don't markdown the prices on the tags instead they'll just put a sign saying it's 30% off selected items.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master Milano
Hello, guys, I'm new to this forum. My dilemmas just like the title says. Even though the gift is not overly expensive, she feel like it is. Do you guys have any ideas on how to fix this up
frown.gif

Great first post
laugh.gif

I actually did the same thing. And the girl while not my GF at all is very prominent. Luckily it was more funny than embarrassing.

If she already has the gift just sit back and both enjoy it.

Master Milano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, she is a girl I like and know for about a year. I bought her a plaid burberry shirt on-sale for about 175, but to make things worse, i don't think the price tag was marked down. Quite careless of me, but i was in a rush because I won't be seeing her for a week or two. Also, i'm one of those guys who try to get as many excuses to give gifts as possible. Bad combination. :O

I'm probably going to end up doing what Gin8u suggests and tell her it was marked down... Thanks for any other suggestions!

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just start crying if she brings it up.

Gingahbman

Reaction score
I dunno, I think I would try another approach. I would tell her that I don't really do that whole gift giving stuff, but when I see something that I think a person will like, I get it for them. That way it will show you care about what you get her, but then she doesn't have the guilt associated with feeling like she's going to get an expensive gift every holiday.

However, this reflects more of my personality. I think telling her it was markdown is another solid plan as well.

Gluck sir and welcome to SF.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AntonioB
There's not really much you can do now. You already gave it to her. The best thing you can do is laugh it off when the time comes...
This.

Threak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back so soon?

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master Milano
Yeah, she is a girl I like and know for about a year. I bought her a plaid burberry shirt on-sale for about 175, but to make things worse, i don't think the price tag was marked down. Quite careless of me, but i was in a rush because I won't be seeing her for a week or two. Also, i'm one of those guys who try to get as many excuses to give gifts as possible. Bad combination. :O

I'm probably going to end up doing what Gin8u suggests and tell her it was marked down... Thanks for any other suggestions!

Is anyone else reading this in an asian accent? I am. Not sure why. Short Sentences.

Gutman

Reaction score
you are worried cos you've been snapped getting her an over-priced gift? too heavy? agree with previous poster - you buy gifts when you see something someone would like, so cost is not the point. tell her the next present could be really cheap, it *is* the thought which counts and that's how you like it. wouldn't start lying about the price. slipperly slope.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does she like bad boys? Tell her that you stole it.

Albern

Reaction score
This can be really easy, I don't know why you're fretting over this.

1. Go to her place
2. Wait till she goes into the washroom or bedroom
3. Proceed to the tree and open the gift, cut out the price tag
4. Rewrap the gift NOTE: bring scotch tape
5. DONE

Wasn't there a Seinfeld episode similar to this?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads