1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Accessorizing tan suit for summer wedding

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by JasonG83, Feb 19, 2013.

1. JasonG83

JasonG83 Member

Preface: I have searched around and read many posts about summer wedding suits, but could still use some advice on accessorizing.

I am getting married this summer, and it is going to be a small, outdoor affair. I bought a BB Fitzgerald suit with the pattern shown below, and am wearing it with dark brown, perforated cap-toes. I am also wearing a white, spread collar, french cuff shirt.

[​IMG]

I would like to dress this up with a pocket square, but this is my first foray into pocket squares. I have not decided on the tie yet, but have been looking for a paisley print with elements of brown (to highlight the brown deco pattern in the suit) and light blue/teal to add some color. What kind of pocket square should I be looking for? I was thinking about a plain white with a colored border to highlight the colored element of the tie.

Any thoughts or recommendations are welcome.

2. Aidan K

Aidan K Senior member

Plain white or plain white with a border is probably the best play. They're pretty cheap for good quality from Kent Wang, so you can always pick up a couple and test them out.

3. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

Congrats on the wedding.

Plain white linen is always safe. Plain white with a border can work too, but make sure the border does not match or pretend to match the tie; pocket squares are supposed to complement the tie and oufit, not match identically. If you want a more exotic print, I'd check out Sam Hober. David does lovely work with his ties and pocket squares and is extremely helpful.

4. HughJ

HughJ Senior member

Congratulations. A cream coloured square may be worth consideration with that fabric. A more traditional wedding tie might be nice if you're not dead set on paisley, but may not best fit the casual tone (I assume) you're going for.