• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Accessorizing a suit for a wedding

Dave1977

Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm just looking for some advice I'm getting married in August and I have purchased a MTM charcole samuelsohn suit unfortunately a little short-sighted on my and I did not buy a matching vest I'm just curious would it be proper to wear a colored padron waistcoat with a suit or is that more appropriate for a tuxedo

classicalthunde

Reaction score
personally, outside the requirements of black tie and morning dress... I view a vest as a cold weather functional piece to make a suit more ..wearing a vest with a suit in August is going to be rough, especially on a day where your temp and anxiety are going to be elevated anyways. I'd look towards accessorizing with a pocket square or cuff links or something subtle, for menswear I've always liked the idea that less is more when it comes to accessorizing.

If you really want to rock a vest, I'd check to see with the maker if you can get one made up I'm sure they would oblige as long as there is enough time. But I would absolutely avoid wearing a contrasting colored waist coat unless the outfit is designed that way like morning dress or a stroller...

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.