• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Accessories to complete this openshirt chino look?

Reaction score
Hi I work as a webdesign consultant for rather serious businesses.

It's very difficulty stylewise because my clients expect me to be this cool type of both professional and creative on the same time ... also I'm based in Denmark that is rather Liberal.

I've created this avatar that works rather well for me now.

I wear:
Either a blazer or a trendcoat showing up (seldom both).
A shirt with the first buttons open (without tie).
Jeans or Chinos
And diffrent office friendly boots (like Clarks desert boots).

Usually my shirt is white, light blue or denim
Pants; Green (often), black or denim.
Boots: Black leather or blue or brown suede.

Then I wear either an AP Diver, Rolex Explorer II or Panerai watch.

Also perhaps I should say I work mostly with women.
Might be why this style works for me, because innocent seduction is part of my job.

I'm trying to be a little covert not to fall into the normal frame of salesmen.

It's also a very practical style; because I'm often on the move ...
Have to be able to run outside with photographers and stuff somestimes also.

I'm looking for suggestions for accessories or details (preferable cheaper ones) to complete this look.
Any suggestions?

Also any other style advice I can use regarding this would be highly appreciated also.

Thank you so much.

Panama

Reaction score
Have you considered a Vicuña scarf or shawl? Maybe try a wool Fedora? A medallion with an open shirt is quite fetching. Flares optional.

2608_bobguccione_g.jpeg

Panama

Reaction score
I forgot the obvious, a PANAMA..

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The things you listed sound fine to me.

From what I've seen, I think many men would do well by digging "deeper" into a look, rather than exploring it "wider." In other words, refining a look by homing on the silhouette, fabrics, etc.

You mentioned that you wear a sport coat with jeans or chinos. I think that can be a good look, but so much depends on the silhouette of the items, or their specific details. Jeans with a sport coat can look terrible or great depending on the exact items.

I find that many men may cycle through four or five navy sport coats before they develop an eye for how to wear one.

If you're just starting out, I would try to refine that look. Go to different stores, including ones outside of your budget, and see how different cuts and models look on you. Try things on just to see. Develop an eye for things.

If you're absolutely confident that you have this look nailed down, then it sounds like you have a business casual wardrobe. I would then just get sport coats in other materials -- a lightweight navy summer jacket, a brown tweed, etc. I generally think it's easier for guys to wear this stuff with wool tailored trousers rather than denim, but understand that some men feel uncomfortable in some things they see as "dressy." I would at least give it a try. Maybe pick up a pair of grey flannel trousers or grey tropical wool. Go for mid-grey, as it will give you a good baseline for future sport coat purchases.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads