• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Acceptable ride up length for pants?

stylef0rum0623455

Reaction score
When i sit down this new pair of pants i just got ride up quite a bit. almost 5 inches of sock showing past my shoe. Is this ok? the pants look great if i am standing up, drape well over my shoes and dont drag, the only issue is sitting. should i buy new pants, or just stand for the rest of my life?

any thoughts?

thanks!

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't mind a good ride up as long as no leg shows. I know some posters here think that short pants automatically mean you're headed the way of Thom Browne but I think a little shortness in the legs is OK.

stylef0rum0623455

Reaction score
yea i always wear longer socks so none of my super pale legs show, but its almost mid calf sometimes, or if i sit with one leg up on the other. still ok?

edit: ok mid claf was a bit much, just looked at my legs, lets say 2 inches under mid calf =P

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stylef0rum0623455
yea i always wear longer socks so none of my super pale legs show, but its almost mid calf sometimes, or if i sit with one leg up on the other. still ok?

edit: ok mid claf was a bit much, just looked at my legs, lets say 2 inches under mid calf =P

Mid calf is too much, even for me. Two inches below seems OK to me. As I said, as long as your legs aren't showing and as long as you don't look like you're wearing capris, you're OK.

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's always a moot point if your socks match the color of your pants.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.