1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Absolute cheapest source of Allen Edmonds

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Pennglock, Apr 8, 2006.

1. Jay687

Jay687 Senior member

Just got a pair in walnut. Endless.com plus 40 Percent bing cash back plus free two day shipping puts it at under 200.

Really? That's sweet. How do I get this bing thing?

2. sockpuppets

sockpuppets Senior member

Really? That's sweet. How do I get this bing thing?

You can get the PA's for about $100 with endless pricematch to nordstrom then bing cash back. Visit fatwallet or slickdeals.net and search for endless or allen edmonds.

3. KingOfTheForum

KingOfTheForum Senior member

You can buy cheap on Ebay and have them refurbished if you dare, OR you can check Nordstrom to see if they're a part of the anniversary sale. On a side note, I believe those boots were removed from the line up.

4. random-adam

random-adam Senior member

On a side note, I believe those boots were removed from the line up.

The Bayfields are still on. It's the Fifth Street -- their odd attempt at a low balmoral -- that's been scrubbed.

Jay687, don't forget to budget for trees and polish. The Styleforum Police might pay you a visit if you get snazzy new kicks and neglect their care.

5. Grieser

Grieser Member

Jay687, don't forget to budget for trees and polish.

Okay. Source for good cheap trees?

6. random-adam

random-adam Senior member

Okay. Source for good cheap trees?

Forum's very own affiliate Cedarville Store. I believe there's a thread somewhere 'round here with discount codes.

7. Jay687

Jay687 Senior member

Very true on the shoe trees front...

I might have to go with just the boots (hopefully they come out soon? Anyone know time?) and the Fifth Avenues first. Interchange between the two until can spend some money for the suedes... although might wait 'til spring with those considering it'll be winter in NYC and probably not worth wearing them then.

With Bing Cashback... can I use it for numerous purchases?

For instance, get the deal and cashback on PAs and then also get cashback on the 5th Avenues?? That'd be pretty awesome. I'd be willing to do that and get some shoe trees. Then come time that the bayfields come out, grab those and be set for now.

8. bananananana

bananananana Senior member

Bing cashback is ending this month.

Shoebuy is a good source too. With AEs, you can get 10% + 10% + whatever cashback (b of a or ebates).

9. SPMONLINE

SPMONLINE Active Member

What boots are those?

10. qhall

qhall Member

Interestingly enough there is a a retailer of the AE strand here in my small city in the middle of Canada. The 100$ over the AE web site price the local retailer had was fair, once I add in shipping and border taxes its likely a wash. BUT...

The local retailer did not have my size and if i have to order them in i may as well try and find a deal. I swear I did a search and didnt find much for sources that were cheap.

Any one have a tip ?

11. smartxtai

smartxtai Member

12. REguy

REguy Senior member

I'd either troll the buying and selling thread or call AE's Shoebank in WI and get a pair of much coveted seconds. I've gotten some really good deals on seconds, especially when they run sales.

13. bubble_republic

bubble_republic Member

Interestingly enough there is a a retailer of the AE strand here in my small city in the middle of Canada. The 100$ over the AE web site price the local retailer had was fair, once I add in shipping and border taxes its likely a wash. BUT...

The local retailer did not have my size and if i have to order them in i may as well try and find a deal. I swear I did a search and didnt find much for sources that were cheap.

Any one have a tip ?

Hey qhall,

I'm also in Canada, and recently purchased and received a pair of Bayfield boots from the AE website. Here is a breakdown of the the fees I paid:

- Shipping: $45 (to ship $450 worth of boots and shoe care products)
    - HST (payable to UPS upon delivery)
    - Brokerage Fees: None (brokerage fees are included in the UPS shipping charges)
    - Duties: None (since they are made in the USA)

As you can see, the only price differences between buying them at your local retailer vs. AE would be Shipping and HST/GST. I suppose the rest would depend on if you prefer in-store service.

14. qhall

qhall Member

Thanks for the info Bubble . I figure i may as well order them online and get a pair of Swims over shoes at the same time and be set for next winter.