• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Absolute cheapest source of Allen Edmonds

Jay687

Reaction score
Anywhere I can find these on discount? Or does anyone recommend a similar shoe? I'd actually rather non-perf toe, but the walnut on the PAs is too grainy. The Soho's are nice (slightly squared toe tho), but discontinued.

41BwyEVhBmL._AA300_.jpg

Suggestions as to other brands with simple captoe oxford in walnut color, that'd be great.

I'm looking to spend under $200 really. Mainly because I was trying to get 2 or 3 pairs of shoes.

Any suggestions for shoe like this in similar price range:

suedeshoes.jpg

Would be fine with less broguing, but suede captoe mainly.

And then can't wait for these, but maybe there are other similar (cheaper) options out there (sleek rubber sole dress boot):

38445_10150208184180707_76682825706_13514202_6536416_n.jpg

A 3 shoe line up like that should work... what I'm hoping for anyways. If I get them all at full retail, it'll be like $900 (!!!). Possible to cut this closer to $500?

Reaction score
Just got a pair in walnut. Endless.com plus 40 Percent bing cash back plus free two day shipping puts it at under 200.

Jay687

Reaction score
Originally Posted by modernminimalist
Just got a pair in walnut. Endless.com plus 40 Percent bing cash back plus free two day shipping puts it at under 200.

Really? That's sweet. How do I get this bing thing?

sockpuppets

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jay687
Really? That's sweet. How do I get this bing thing?

You can get the PA's for about $100 with endless pricematch to nordstrom then bing cash back. Visit fatwallet or slickdeals.net and search for endless or allen edmonds.

KingOfTheForum

Reaction score
You can buy cheap on Ebay and have them refurbished if you dare, OR you can check Nordstrom to see if they're a part of the anniversary sale. On a side note, I believe those boots were removed from the line up.

random-adam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KingOfTheForum
On a side note, I believe those boots were removed from the line up.

The Bayfields are still on. It's the Fifth Street -- their odd attempt at a low balmoral -- that's been scrubbed.

Jay687, don't forget to budget for trees and polish. The Styleforum Police might pay you a visit if you get snazzy new kicks and neglect their care.

Jay687

Reaction score
Very true on the shoe trees front...

I might have to go with just the boots (hopefully they come out soon? Anyone know time?) and the Fifth Avenues first. Interchange between the two until can spend some money for the suedes... although might wait 'til spring with those considering it'll be winter in NYC and probably not worth wearing them then.

With Bing Cashback... can I use it for numerous purchases?

For instance, get the deal and cashback on PAs and then also get cashback on the 5th Avenues?? That'd be pretty awesome. I'd be willing to do that and get some shoe trees. Then come time that the bayfields come out, grab those and be set for now.

bananananana

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Bing cashback is ending this month.

Shoebuy is a good source too. With AEs, you can get 10% + 10% + whatever cashback (b of a or ebates).

qhall

Reaction score
Interestingly enough there is a a retailer of the AE strand here in my small city in the middle of Canada. The 100$ over the AE web site price the local retailer had was fair, once I add in shipping and border taxes its likely a wash. BUT...

The local retailer did not have my size and if i have to order them in i may as well try and find a deal. I swear I did a search and didnt find much for sources that were cheap.

Any one have a tip ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads