• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Absolute cheapest source of Allen Edmonds

Pennglock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im looking for NIB AEs (park avenues or byrons,) and wondering the best place to get them at a deep discount. Ive seen claims on this board of picking up new AEs for 100-150. Can anyone point me in the direction of these deals?

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nordstrom Rack or ebay.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just steal 'em.

KIDDING, JUST KIDDING. don't break teh laws.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ebay. but not if you want a particular style, right now.

ebay is great, as long as you're willing to wait, and flexible as to your preferences.

mbc

Reaction score
I've seen a couple models at DSW Shoe Warehouse recently for decent prices.

StevenRocks

Reaction score
Selected Marshalls stores will have them. Look for the stores with the shoes still in boxes.

amemovox

Reaction score
If you have one nearby, you may be able to find plenty of good deals! The Park Avenues are in short supply at discount.

DandySF

Reaction score
Recently there was an eBay listing for a brand new, in-the-box pair of Allen Edmonds Park Avenues. The price was 1/2 the retail. My bid on these was successful and they arrived yesterday. I thought something would surely surprise me--negatively--but they really are new shoes with no flaws. They even came with the usual cloth bags, shoe horn, and laces.

I knew the exact length and width I needed so size was not an issue. I am a bit concerned when I hear about people ordering shoes without having the chance of trying them on first. The beauty of the AE line is the wide range of available sizes. The width and length variables can make just about any of their shoes fit properly. Without being able to try on the variations I question whether people get an excellent fit.

The AE outlet store in Cabazon might be an option. I think most of the shoes go for around $222. Shipping is included. These are seconds but the flaws are negligible. I talked to the very helpful man at Cabazon and he said any truly flawed AE shoe would be ground down into chips, rather than being sold as a 2nd. He said a shoe may be considered a 2nd if something as small as the print on the shoe interior is not quite right.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually, the pricing at the A-E outlet stores goes something like this, using as a starting point the $295 MSRP for calfskin firsts.

$295: Current production firsts. (The outlet stores are carrying more of them now, partly from customer demand, partly because A-E is generating fewer seconds as a result of improved production methods, I have been told)

$222: Closeout (discontinued) firsts

$222: Current-production seconds

$169: Closeout seconds

The longer a shoe has been discontinued, the more the price drops. It is not uncommon to pick up closeout seconds at the outlets for $129, sometimes even less.

Also, the outlets have occasional sales and specials where you can get current-production seconds for much less than the usual price. There are also the semi-annual sales, when current production seconds are reduced by 15%. Being well stocked with A-Es by now, I personally would certainly wait for the next semi-annual sale to buy anything in A-E's current lineup. The sale reductions do not apply to closeout items, however.

Sean Archer

Reaction score
So far the cheapest I can manage to find are seconds for $279. Where are you guys getting these cheap ones for <200 and sometimes <100?

WhateverYouLike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait for sales. I got mine for 130 from shoes.com during one of their various sales.

Nexus6

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads