1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

About Shoes: the Reference

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Duke_of_Windsor, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Duke_of_Windsor

Duke_of_Windsor Active Member

Hi, if you're searching the reference site about shoes.... It exist It's:www.souliers.net http://www.souliers.net It's the only one in the Word. A french maniac make it for a long time and you can translate every news in english here: http://216.109.124.98/languag....p=fr_en I recommand you the "gallery" you will find the link on the left part of the page.... Best regards from Duke Of Windsor, Neuilly, France

2. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

Hello, Duke,

I've been trying to use that site, but it seems the users are not very critical of the French brands. I was hoping for a critique of the plusses and minuses of the various brands. souliers members seem more interested in pictures and prices. Do you know of a thread in there where they say which shoes are built well, which shoes use good leather? The importance of souliers is that its members have, hypothetically, hands on (feet on) experience with Corthay, Aubercy, Guyot, Weston, etc. It would be nice to hear about those experiences, good or bad.

John

3. Duke_of_Windsor

Duke_of_Windsor Active Member

All the comments about quality of shoes are on the FORUMS (BOARDS) of SOULIERS.NET ...search and you will find.

"I Don't Search I find . " Picasso

A citation from the Duke Of Windsor Place du Champs d'Entrainement à Neuilly, France

4. Fabienne

Fabienne Senior member

It really isn't a terribly useful site. It also feels very much deserted. There was a guy in the industry there recently, an apprentice shoemaker, who seemed to know more than most. Maybe he could be emailed directly.