• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

? About Brooks Brothers Robe/Dressing Gown

Newsman

Reaction score
Anyone have - or tried on - a Brooks Brothers lambswool dressing gown?

I take a 41R jacket and I don't know if I should go with the Medium size or the Large size. My fear is the Large will be like a tent on me.

Anyone have experience with the wool ones?

Thanks.

B

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely medium

JoelF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anything BB size down down down. What kind of fat people do they size for?

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Definitely medium as well. I am a 38R, wear a Medium in their pajamas --who wants tight pjs?--and have the lamsbwool robe in size small. Are you talking about the solid blue, made in England one? If some, it's probably my single favorite item from Brooks. A good deal for a real elegant classic.

Newsman

Reaction score
I have the chance to buy it for cheap but its a Large. Don't know if it would be worth it to have my tailor cut it down - it might seem strange.

My fear was that the robe, like everything else BB, sizes large large...

Thanks for the input..I might just have to hope I can find a medium sized one at a discount down the road...

James Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Newsman
I have the chance to buy it for cheap but its a Large. Don't know if it would be worth it to have my tailor cut it down - it might seem strange.

My fear was that the robe, like everything else BB, sizes large large...

Thanks for the input..I might just have to hope I can find a medium sized one at a discount down the road...

I dunno, I would feel pretty damn baller taking my robe in for alterations.

"Yeah, I'd like to nip the waist a bit and bring in the chest."

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Newsman

I think it's definitely worth it on the clearance price. It lasts.

skefferz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
I am a 38R, wear a Medium in their pajamas --who wants tight pjs?--and have the lamsbwool robe in size small. Are you talking about the solid blue, made in England one? If some, it's probably my single favorite item from Brooks. A good deal for a real elegant classic.

Recently followed your recommendation on sizing down for the navy lambswool robe. The small fits me perfectly and it is a very nice robe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics