• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 5: Good Art HLYWD rosette courtesy of Self Edge

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 5th auction is for a custom Good Art HLYWD bracelet courtesy of Self Edge. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

? About Brooks Brothers Robe/Dressing Gown

Newsman

Reaction score
Anyone have - or tried on - a Brooks Brothers lambswool dressing gown?

I take a 41R jacket and I don't know if I should go with the Medium size or the Large size. My fear is the Large will be like a tent on me.

Anyone have experience with the wool ones?

Thanks.

B

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely medium

JoelF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anything BB size down down down. What kind of fat people do they size for?

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Definitely medium as well. I am a 38R, wear a Medium in their pajamas --who wants tight pjs?--and have the lamsbwool robe in size small. Are you talking about the solid blue, made in England one? If some, it's probably my single favorite item from Brooks. A good deal for a real elegant classic.

Newsman

Reaction score
I have the chance to buy it for cheap but its a Large. Don't know if it would be worth it to have my tailor cut it down - it might seem strange.

My fear was that the robe, like everything else BB, sizes large large...

Thanks for the input..I might just have to hope I can find a medium sized one at a discount down the road...

James Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Newsman
I have the chance to buy it for cheap but its a Large. Don't know if it would be worth it to have my tailor cut it down - it might seem strange.

My fear was that the robe, like everything else BB, sizes large large...

Thanks for the input..I might just have to hope I can find a medium sized one at a discount down the road...

I dunno, I would feel pretty damn baller taking my robe in for alterations.

"Yeah, I'd like to nip the waist a bit and bring in the chest."

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Newsman

I think it's definitely worth it on the clearance price. It lasts.

skefferz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
I am a 38R, wear a Medium in their pajamas --who wants tight pjs?--and have the lamsbwool robe in size small. Are you talking about the solid blue, made in England one? If some, it's probably my single favorite item from Brooks. A good deal for a real elegant classic.

Recently followed your recommendation on sizing down for the navy lambswool robe. The small fits me perfectly and it is a very nice robe.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 27 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 135 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 252 32.5%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 123 15.9%
  • 31 - 40