• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Abercrombie & Fitch: The Aaron Levine Years

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Starting a thread for this new phase of A&F.

Been finding nice things there and am glad Aaron Levine has breathed life into this place.

I never cared for the store growing up—but mostly because its image was so douchey (though I did have a pair of non-cargo chinos from there that I loved for years and mourned after they finally died).

There's a nice interview with him on the podcast Blamo! here: http://tunein.com/topic/?topicId=109696790

braskcanada

Reaction score
Quote:
Same here.

I also avoided it because of the huge A&F logos all over their clothing. They clearly took the hint by bringing Aaron Levine on board and ditching the obnoxious logos. He brought a lot of that Club Monaco look/feel over with him, and that's definitely a good thing. All of the new pieces I've seen are much more modern and in-line with today's fashion. I haven't bought anything from A&F since Levine has been designing for them (or ever), but I've been checking them out way more and have some things saved for when they go on sale.

Also, cool podcast! I didn't know his story at all. Very interesting to hear it from his perspective.

Marsay

Reaction score
Rundown on Levine for someone too lazy to sift through the Googlebumf?

Threak on vintage A&F would be cool if anyone has photos.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Rundown on Levine for someone too lazy to sift through the Googlebumf?

Threak on vintage A&F would be cool if anyone has photos.

he's a designer who is well respected. he worked at club monaco for 5 years or something and had a lot of people excited, especially when he first arrived there. He also worked at Jack Spade.

In the podcast he talks about his history, which is interesting.

Marsay

Reaction score
Accidentally clicked through to their knitwear a few months back and was pleasantly surprised. Some of their stuff is a bit like Gant without the inflated prices.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So the stuff I've been impressed with are the sweaters this season.

Specifically, I am a big fan of the shawl collar cardigan, which I got in navy first and loved it so much I got it in camel.

And I also ordered this rollneck turtleneck, which is just exceptional. I got it in gray and cream, and while I can probably only afford to keep one, am trying hard to figure out a way to be able to keep them both.

Marsay

Reaction score
You've poasted that on WAYWRN, right?

As it happens I bought the camel first and then came back for the navy. (Normally too much of iGent to Abercrombie but at that price...)

Last edited:

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So they have these X% off sales and make it seem like a big deal but you might notice they jack up the price online whenever the discount gets higher.

It's a different story if you go into the store. The prices stay pretty constant and so extra 40% is pretty great depending on what you're looking at. For instance, I exchanged the navy shawl cardigan for a different size and was able to score it for $32 (originally got it for $50), because even though they didn't have it in store, it rang up for the same price as the camel one, which *was* in store, and which was $55 plus extra 40% off.

kickstand

Reaction score
The outerwear has looked really good. Picked up their chambray shirt that Put This On highlighted yesterday. Looks perfect for summer.

anf_144867_01_prod1.jpg

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crappy bathroom picture but this field jacket is pretty good if they still have it:

Da1VJwjVQAE2pBx.jpg:large
Picked up the off-white version last year, love it.

A&F's clearance prices are insanely good, very good construction too.

My only gripe is they run a bit small, and I'm saying this as someone who is quite thin.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads