Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

AA - I believe

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Plasdom, Jul 28, 2006.

1. funk_soul_brother

funk_soul_brother Senior member

perhaps i just haven't found the right style of AA tshirt. the ones i've tried on are so loooong they come down to my mid-lower butt. i HATE that. (and i'm tall too, 6'2", so it's not a matter of "well i'm just short so..."). plus, they aren't fitted in the waist area. my shoulders are broad, but my waist is fairly narrow, so i like a shirt that fits snug around the waist, otherwise i look like a giant box.

2. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

That's really odd. One reason why I started wearing AA to begin with was that they didn't fit long like a dress the way those f'ing hanes beefy t's do.

An AA medium t is a shade under 29.5", the large 30.5". What size are you wearing?

The only other thing I can think of is you have a shorter torso for your height.

3. Plasdom

Plasdom Active Member

perhaps i just haven't found the right style of AA tshirt. the ones i've tried on are so loooong they come down to my mid-lower butt. i HATE that. (and i'm tall too, 6'2", so it's not a matter of "well i'm just short so...").

plus, they aren't fitted in the waist area. my shoulders are broad, but my waist is fairly narrow, so i like a shirt that fits snug around the waist, otherwise i look like a giant box.

they fit me perfectly. I am 5' 10". Snug around the waste and slightly below the belt. I purchased all mediums

4. funk_soul_brother

funk_soul_brother Senior member

I honestly don't know my measurements, but I think I'm fairly normal proportions @ 74" in height with a 34" inseam. If anything, perhaps my torso is too long.

I confess that I've only looked at the tees here in Korea, so perhaps there is a particular style that is shipped here on extra-long, non-fitted tees. :S

Are there many different styles? If so, what is the name of the style which is snug all over and shortish in length (right around or under the belt sounds about right).

5. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

It's called a size small.

I'm kidding but I'm not. If you're 74", a medium would be less than half your height (29.5" remember) and should fit fine. Smaller size=shorter length and tighter fit. I fit into smalls and mediums just fine and even a large tee I got for free isn't overly long so it's hard for me to imagine that happening to you, especially since I'm around your height (6'1"). Try taking a picture and maybe we can see what you mean.

For a medium, the AA's feel more fitted than loose, but if you're looking for a tighter fit (again, what size did you order your t's in???), try moving to a baby rib. Yes, it's a short sleeve thermal, but it's really the only thing I can think of that AA sells specifically tight.

The way AA is marketed is towards the younger, skinnier crowd. There shouldn't be such a problem here.

6. cultpop 0217

cultpop 0217 I, Manface

i have had a few AA shirts and while there was a little shrinkage i found it to be no more than any other cotton t. and the quality for a basic AAt-shirt has always held up and the fit is great.

7. WalkmanX

WalkmanX Member

i have had a few AA shirts and while there was a little shrinkage i found it to be no more than any other cotton t. and the quality for a basic AAt-shirt has always held up and the fit is great.

agreed. I'm actually wearing an AA tee right now from 1.5 years ago. They do shink a bit after the first wash but they stay soft and in tact. I wear size L and I'm 6'3 170-175lb and the shirts are almost perfect. Maybe I'll try a XL shirt next time.

I don't know how some of you taller guys fit in to size small. A two inches shorter size S shirt would mean that it'll sit right at tip of the hip bone.

8. shelton

shelton Senior member

perhaps i just haven't found the right style of AA tshirt. the ones i've tried on are so loooong they come down to my mid-lower butt. i HATE that. (and i'm tall too, 6'2", so it's not a matter of "well i'm just short so..."). plus, they aren't fitted in the waist area. my shoulders are broad, but my waist is fairly narrow, so i like a shirt that fits snug around the waist, otherwise i look like a giant box.
    I'm having the same problem with a bunch of different AA t-shirts in size small. I've tried shinking them and wearing them scrunched up but its not working out well. They end up really tight in the shoulders/armpits but still too long and look funny because of how they hang over my hips. Should I buy mediums and try shrinking those? I'm 5'11, 150lbs, 38" chest and 30" waist. broad shoulders and a sorta muscular build I guess.

9. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

Legs proportional to height and the shirt is too long - do you have a long neck?

10. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I'm 5'11, 150lbs, 38" chest and 30" waist. broad shoulders and a sorta muscular build I guess.

Wierd. I am pretty much the same dimensions a you, but have a slightly bigger chest (about 39") and am about 2 lbs heavier. I am pretty narrowly built, and AA smalls or mediums fit me just fine. They hit a just my hips, Have you washed and dryed them?

11. TransparentCranium

TransparentCranium Senior member

So while the fit on my AA t-shirts is spot on throughout the torso, the sleeves are still too billowy for my taste. Is there a brand of solid color inexpensive t's that fit more like this: [​IMG]

12. shellshock

shellshock Forum Mascot

So while the fit on my AA t-shirts is spot on throughout the torso, the sleeves are still too billowy for my taste. Is there a brand of solid color inexpensive t's that fit more like this:

ask eason for tipz on getting buff armz

13. TransparentCranium

TransparentCranium Senior member

14. LooseChange

LooseChange Senior member

So while the fit on my AA t-shirts is spot on throughout the torso, the sleeves are still too billowy for my taste. Is there a brand of solid color inexpensive t's that fit more like this: [​IMG]
    SKINS! How trippy, I was just watching that today. Hahaha, went through the whole first season today, hahaha. And anyways, you say you like the fit around the torso? I've found them to be a bit billowy. My chest goes from a 38 to a 28 waist. Any shirts out there that taper more?

15. Nico Samuel Pleninsek

Nico Samuel Pleninsek Senior member

SKINS! How trippy, I was just watching that today.

Hahaha, went through the whole first season today, hahaha.

And anyways, you say you like the fit around the torso? I've found them to be a bit billowy. My chest goes from a 38 to a 28 waist. Any shirts out there that taper more?

They make a 'fitted' t-shirt; I've never tried one though. And to the above, above poster, try a women's M/L at AA they have tighter sleeves I believe (I'm serious, some of my favorite pieces are women's clothes). I tend to usually get the unisex XS.