• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AA Hoodie Size Compared to Club Monaco, LRG

FAZZL

Reaction score
Hey, i want to get the AA Cali Thermal lined hoodie but i dont know what size to get. I wear L in LRG hoodies and XL in Club Monaco hoodys...

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The AA is slim, but seems way lower quality than that Club Monaco hoody, just so you know. The CM hoodie is nice and in some stores is discounted to $39. I'm waiting till they knock it down to $19 and am going to snap up a bunch.

FAZZL

Reaction score
i have a blue club monaco hoody but its too small now, the quality is good but i just used it for rough work anyway. Im looking for a nice all black hoody with a loose but not baggy fit.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FAZZL
i have a blue club monaco hoody but its too small now, the quality is good but i just used it for rough work anyway. Im looking for a nice all black hoody with a loose but not baggy fit.

well AA is not what you're looking for then. It's hardly going to be either loose or baggy. I'd just go to Target and get a champion hoody for $10. It seems like it's just about as good as the AA in my experience in quality, it's just that the AA is really slim fit.

FAZZL

Reaction score
i dont want it baggy, just not skin tight either, champian hoodys arent very good looking imo. there too hip hopish.

sbbbjm

Reaction score
yeah, AA hoodies don't fit me at all. the mediums are too tight for my liking across my shoulders and chest. the larges are better but they are ridiculously long.

i would go with CM stuff. i have a few basics from there that have held up very well.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I bought two AA hoodies at wholesale, and don't really think they were a great deal at $22 for what I got. Take it as you will.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
this is the type of fit i am looking for here.http://www...........com/products.as...VendorCode=LRG
im 5'12" 140lb sz 32 waist. thanks

5'12" = 6'?

You wear a Club Monaco in XL and you think it's too small when you're 6' and 140?

musicboohoo[1].gif

FAZZL

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
5'12" = 6'?

You wear a Club Monaco in XL and you think it's too small when you're 6' and 140?

musicboohoo[1].gif

my club monaco is a L and its a tight fit.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
my club monaco is a L and its a tight fit.

I'm not entirely sure what you consider a tight fit then, because I wear L in club monaco and I'm 6'2 and 220. It fits me just fine, not overly tight. I also wear L in AA and that is MUCH more slim. You'd probably have to get at least a XXL to get the fit you want.

FAZZL

Reaction score
iono then. its been washed a handful of times though and it might be a more vintage fit one because its kinda rough looking.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
iono then. its been washed a handful of times though and it might be a more vintage fit one because its kinda rough looking.
Yeah, dunno what to tell you. I'd just go try some hoodies on at Target. The target brand hoodies seem to be the same quality as AA IMO. Quality is seriously really sketchy. The only reason ppl buy them is because they're really slim fit and you don't seem to want that anyways.

FAZZL

Reaction score
yeah i guess your right. i like the fit of my large club monaco ( just tried it on again after such a long time) but i would like a it a little bit thicker. i live in inland empire by the way if there are any shops out here.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yeah i guess your right. i like the fit of my large club monaco ( just tried it on again after such a long time) but i would like a it a little bit thicker. i live in inland empire by the way if there are any shops out here.

I think it would be a lot easier for you to drive to LA or OC.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads