1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

A wireless router that doesn't suck?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by B1FF, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Ilmari

Ilmari Member

I can also recommend D-link DIR-655. I have been using it for over 18 months now, and it has worked perfectly. Fast interface, good performance and wide configuration options.

2. JSC437

JSC437 Senior member

Hello... I need to buy a router so I can stream Netflix to a tv in my apartment. I have a mac and will be using the Apple TV device in my bedroom. Should i buy the airport extreme or will a netgear/cisco type of router work well? Do i need wireless-N? thanks very much

3. otc

otc Senior member

Hello... I need to buy a router so I can stream Netflix to a tv in my apartment. I have a mac and will be using the Apple TV device in my bedroom. Should i buy the airport extreme or will a netgear/cisco type of router work well? Do i need wireless-N? thanks very much

Screw the airport device...you are paying too much for the apple logo (unless you really want to use the itunes playing thing...which you probably won't since you will also have an apple TV)

Get something that runs DD-WRT or Tomato and you will be fine...you don't need N at all (G is going to be way faster than your internet connection so anything beyond that won't help you stream netflix)

4. SladeDT

SladeDT Senior member

I'm using a netgear WNDR3700. I think I'm limited more by my ISP than the router. Download is at 1200 kb/s and upload is 198 kb/s.