Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

A week in Dubai

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by makker, Feb 13, 2013.

1. makker

makker Senior member

Going to Dubai next week. Any tips for restaurants, shopping, etc? What is the typical price range for high-end menswear like Canali, Zegna, etc. in Dubai vs. elsewhere, is it substantially cheaper?

2. badsha

badsha Senior member

Everything is more expensive in Dubai. There is a big mall that was built recently. The one with the huge aquarium. Besides being hot as hell, its a Muslim country. Even they allow alcohol to non-Muslims.

3. click here

click here Senior member

One week is too long. 3-4 daysmax to see everything. The shopping there is overrated

4. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Yeah I wouldn't say much about the shopping there. The gold and spice souks are definitely worth a trip. I picked up some peppers, saffron and fabric when I was there a few years ago. I believe Sharjah (? or one of the poorer emirates) is supposed to have a famous, massive souk. Never got to see it. try to go off roading in the dunes too - I went off roading with a friend that was a memeber of this group: https://www.facebook.com/DXB4X4. They make trips in their trucks and spend a few hours "dune bashing" a ton of fun. Drop a message on their facebook page (or internet forum) and someone may be willing to pick you up.