• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Watch Dilemma

ProfessorShak

Reaction score
Back when I just needed a watch to wear casually, I stumbled upon a Jacques Lemans Geneva watch being sold on a watch forum. It wasn't exactly what I was looking for, but it was a good looking watch and was sold for pretty cheap($200), considering the tag listed as $1495
eh.gif

At the time I've had my eye on two watches, a Reymond Weil Tradition for Dress, and a Tissot Le Locle for Casual/Business Casual wear.

I got the RW, and now I'm eyeing the Tissot. I've noticed that the gold plating on the JL has been fading and can't remove the plating or replate unless they take apart the piece (took it to Watch Central)

So, I've been thinking hard. I still really like the Tissot but the JL isn't so bad either. And If I bought the Tissot, what would I do with the JL, when I only need 2 watches?

The Tissot can be had for $330. Can anyone help me make a clear decision?
IMG_2344.jpg

41K%2Bjug0XdL._SS500_.jpg

heaven7

Reaction score
I have the Tissot as well as some nicer pieces on my collection.
My point is that it's a very impressive watch for it's price.
The build quality, dial details, box and the whole presentation of it is very impressive and not at all reminiscent of a 300 dollar watch. It also gets complimented quite often, which is one more reason I'll vouch for it.
I can't speak for the Jacques Lemans, though.

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to agree, the Tissot is a handsome watch.

dv_indian

Reaction score
I would go with the Tissot.
The worn off gold plating on the JL looks ugly making the watch unwearable. I am surprised JL used cheap quality gold plating. Normally watches in comparable cost range(like Edox, for example) use a higher quality gold plating that doesn't wear off easily. I have a couple of gold plated NOS Edoxes that are more than 40 years old and they still look good with the plating intact.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Between the two watches, I like the Tissot much better.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads