1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

A visit to Sartoria Ripense, Roma-based bespoke tailoring house

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SeamasterLux, May 13, 2013.

1. soender

soender Well-Known Member

Returned yesterday, from my first visit with Ripense. Ordered a suit and a shirt, and plan/hope to do one suit pr. year going forward. Not exactly big timing, but moving forward with my wardrobe in a steady pace.

Now this is my first bespoke suit, I choose the always popular and "safe" navy route. No harm in that I guess... :). As indicated by Paul, he certainly has his opinions on styling - but for me they where all reasonable and founded in his vision for his work.
    After I had given my overall design-brief, fiitngs was much more efficient than I imagined, discussing and fine tuning design choices along the way, both between me and Andrea, and between Andrea and his head tailor. I found both quite assuring. But then again, how where I to know how exactly stuff like this work with this exact house, when this was my first visit.
    In the 2 fittings I had, we already got a long way and I'm already looking forward to going back for the final fittings in september or october.

1 person likes this.
  2. PSNY

PSNY Senior member

Does Ripense travel to New York City?

3. VRaivio

VRaivio Senior member

Absolutely beautiful finishing on those jackets SML shared a few years ago. I can't believe I somehow missed this thread. Thank you for sharing!

4. SeamasterLux

SeamasterLux Senior member

Pleasure my friend!

One of my favorite DB by Ripense

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  5. akeen

akeen Member

Wee piece on Ripese I found.

[​IMG]

6. maxalex

maxalex Senior member

An update on Andrea's pricing for an American buying in Rome. In June 2015 I paid $6512.76 for two jackets including VAT or IVA as it's called in Italy. That's the USD amount as it appeared on my Cap One card, which doesn't charge transaction fees. (I believe they were about 2900 euros each including VAT.) I later got a VAT refund of $731.44. So each jacket cost me, net in USD, $2890.66. That was at the June 2015 exchange rate; it's a little more favorable for USD now but not significantly different. Obviously if you live in the EU you would not get the VAT refund.

7. SeamasterLux

Clients paying full price with VAT are now at 3'600 EUR for a suit FYI

8. maxalex

maxalex Senior member

Thanks Paul, good to know. I'm planning to see Andrea later this year for a couple of things.

9. maxalex

maxalex Senior member

Paul should I assume that price is for a suit with one pair of pants?

10. SeamasterLux

11. maxalex

maxalex Senior member

Thanks again. Do you ever have him make two pair of pants?

12. SeamasterLux

Never. Haven't done it with any tailor

13. maxalex

maxalex Senior member

Thanks again Paul. I'm having Andrea make me a lightweight suit in June, and I will probably get two pair of pants for durability insurance. I'm old enough to remember when even entry-level RTW suits came with two pair of pants...