• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A visit to Astor & Black

OTCtailor

Reaction score

Another A&B suit out of our wardrobe essentials folder. The color is a lighter charcoal with burgundy collar felt and bordeaux A&B crest lining. The A&B crest lining is not necessarily stock but my clients generally love them. The one a few posts up is orange with robins egg blue. I think it's great inside a blue suit.

OTCtailor

Reaction score

forbritisheyes

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Another A&B suit out of our wardrobe essentials folder. The color is a lighter charcoal with burgundy collar felt and bordeaux A&B crest lining. The A&B crest lining is not necessarily stock but my clients generally love them. The one a few posts up is orange with robins egg blue. I think it's great inside a blue suit.

This coat looks very nice. Dig the tic pocket and love the lapel width.

SelfMade

Reaction score
I know you are a different rep for A&B, but these pics put me at ease. I did end up purchasing a sport coat on Thursday. I made a selection from the "closeout" book, and informed the rep that I wanted to see the quality of the jacket (something I think is the hardest piece of clothing to get 'right'" then I will be more confident in future orders. Great pics!

OTCtailor

Reaction score
The quality is the aspect you can rest assured will be right. I have not seen any inconsistencies.
I hope the rest of it works out as well with your clothier.

OTCtailor

Reaction score
2 recent client after pics...

OTCtailor

Reaction score
Fun while it lasted. The best have already moved on.

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL!
rotflmao.gif

Last edited:

OTCtailor

Reaction score
All you have to do is look above to see that the product itself was working just fine.....which is a product of the knowledge of the person selling it.

It's a said story, but the menswear world won't even notice...

Carry on, boys...

And contact me if you're within 1-2 hrs of NYC or Philly if you'd like to look at similar custom options with the same quality construction/fit/fabrics except better price.

Yes, I will shamelessly plug myself.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

All you have to do is look above to see that the product itself was working just fine.....which is a product of the knowledge of the person selling it.

It's a said story, but the menswear world won't even notice...

Carry on, boys...

And contact me if you're within 1-2 hrs of NYC or Philly if you'd like to look at similar custom options with the same quality construction/fit/fabrics except better price.

Yes, I will shamelessly plug myself.

you were an affiliate for a bit, right? do yo have any insights as to what went wrong with the new management team, process, investments, etc?

OTCtailor

Reaction score
you were an affiliate for a bit, right? do yo have any insights as to what went wrong with the new management team, process, investments, etc?

There were so many problems that brought the company down. It was sold as a company two times bigger than it really was. The exec team was being paid as if it were twice its actual size.
The marketing was expensive. There was a lot of employee overhead. The remake/alterations rate was extremely high because of lack of synergy/continuity between the clothiers and the actual factory production. Also, there were no upcharges for any customized options no matter what level you bought at so you could get a fully canvassed suit in wool 100s with every custom option imaginable for only $650. That gave little incentive to move up the levels so most of the total sales volume was in the lower end range.
Because of the looming insolvency, the exec team and the private equity firm who owned the company were looking into a merger with a company in LA called Elevee.
I don't know where the exact breakdown occurred, but I believe when the main factory liaison became aware of the potential merger, he froze all production/shipping of all orders so that he could adjust his contract for his protection. I believe orders were backed up and delayed almost 3 weeks solid because of that. The 3 parties (A&B, Elevee, and the liaison) were in negotiations for a good week or two before something ultimately fell apart with the terms and the merger didn't go through. The merger would've saved the company, but when it didn't go through they just had to file bankruptcy and call it quits. Pretty messy situation that many people are still trying to clean up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads