• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

A very strange find...

misterbowles

Reaction score
I picked up a very odd suit today at a thrift store. It is a navy DB 4 x 1, but the thing that is strange about it is that the fabric is a quite heavy yet very soft cotton. It was made in Thailand - the label says "Exclusively Hand-Tailored by Peter Ranee's Custom Tailor, Ambassador Hotel, Bangkok." One would think that a cotton suit made in the tropics would be much lighter weight than this one is...

I can't tell if it is fused or canvased; it's hard to feel through the heavy cotton and I'm not much of an expert when it comes to the hand-test, in any case. It does fit and drape well and looks quite nice, IMHO. I've just never seen anything like it before.

Has anyone else?

Thanks,
John

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Being of cotton, it may not be fused or canvassed at all.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interestingly, my wife shops for suits at Ann Taylor, and their wool jackets are not fused or canvassed at all. Some maker just don't construct things internally. I have the same experience with a Zegna shirt jacket. Wool, but no internal construction.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.