• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A very special July 4th episode of This is How We Roll

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
So, as a non American, Im curious....how do people roll for July 4th?

I spent two years in the US, both 4ths were spent in riots in Huntington Beach (I love the smell of riots in the mornin), but presumably some of you get up to something more wholesome.

So...how did you roll?

King Salmon

Reaction score
I grilled a burger... over the flames of a burning American flag. Because I can.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I have not yet begun to roll.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BBQ yesterday, then to the bars. BBQ again today, saw some local fireworks (read: amateurs with a propensity to blow **** up). Just hanging out with friends, not a care in the world. Perfect!

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did not roll, but I would've enjoyed going sailing.

Spencer Young

Reaction score
Went over to a friend's apartment. Grilled out hamburgers, brats; ate chips and watermelon, drank cold beer. We couldn't see fireworks from our balcony, but we watched neighborhood kids play with fireworks. You really can't fail at doing the 4th - it's all about freedom, so you should be able to do whatever you want! (besides crime etc)

Last year I was in the backyard of my boss's house (where I also happened to be living). We shot off what some states consider illegal fireworks (large cannisters that shoot things for 1-3 minutes). We drank lots of beer. Blasted Dark Side of the Moon from the stereo. Good times.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blasted Dark Side of the Moon from the stereo.
What? Not Grand Funk?

Played volleyball, swam, played with dogs, drank lite beer, and ate burgers and hot dogs. Also, watched Germany-Italy, despite lack of American involvement.
smile.gif
I watched fireworks on TV, from bed.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What, exactly, is meant by the term "grill out?"

Spencer Young

Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnapril
What, exactly, is meant by the term "grill out?"
It's just the same as grilling something; I've never heard someone say "let's grill hamburgers," it's always "let's grill out hamburgers," but that might just be a regional way of saying it.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spencer Young
It's just the same as grilling something; I've never heard someone say "let's grill hamburgers," it's always "let's grill out hamburgers," but that might just be a regional way of saying it.
Must be regional. If I heard someone say that I'm afraid I'd look at him like he had two heads.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Went down to Gasworks Park for the 4th of July celebration. There were an estimated 55,000 + people there with me.

PlanetOfTheApes1.jpg

DAMN YOU! DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!!!

smile.gif

I saw a bicyclist get hit by a car on the way home. VW jetta tries to make a U-Turn, runs straight into moving biker. Bike folds in half, bike rider folds in half. Screaming, clutching of the leg, crying, and rolling around on the ground. I thought I was having world cup flashbacks. I wish I hadn't put my camera in the trunk or you'd have a bunch of pictures of an greivously injured bike nerd. It took me three hours to get 15 miles home because of all the traffic. Got home at 1:30, got to bed a little before 2am, woke up at 6 for work.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rolled in Amsterdam...

Still managed the barbeque and beer, but followed by World Cup....

Ohhh, and we have blunts here.
tounge.gif

K

Stax

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
Rolled in Amsterdam...

Still managed the barbeque and beer, but followed by World Cup....

Ohhh, and we have blunts here.
tounge.gif

K

we got 'em here too. big ones.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads