• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Thread for Sunglasses (High End and Rarities Welcome)

Reaction score
Just got my LS keen frame back with the new blue lenses put in. They look really good, I also ordered a folding leather case from them. Quick little unboxing:

IMG_20210524_135635.jpg

IMG_20210524_140437.jpg

IMG_20210524_135844.jpg

IMG_20210524_135951.jpg

IMG_20210524_141855.jpg

IMG_20210524_140150.jpg

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I just showed them in a japanese web. It is a pity not many retailers in Europe carry LS. None in Spain that I am aware of. Really great sunnies.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m trying to find a retailer in the US but even a few I’ve visited that are listed on their website don’t actually carry them in stock they just told me “we can order them for you if you want” - not much use if you want to try them on.
I think they deliberately keep a low overhead by doing this and get past it by doing free returns so you can order and return if you don’t like them. Bit of a chew on really. There’s one pair I really like the look of but firmly believe you should try on sunglasses.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not in a hurry, but I must admit I am eager to handle some of their frames and get a pair. I have seen no person in Europe that is aware of the brand. I will be patience and touch some of the suposse retailers in EU to see their return policies and have a better idea. LS and IC Berlin are in my wish list but one pair of each will be enough and have plenty of time not to make a huge mistake. I would like to see a SF thread of this brand similar to JMM to have a better understanding of the brand.

Reaction score
I never am able to try on sunglasses that I like so I just have a rough idea of the dimensions and shape that fit me and hope for the best. It would be cool if LS wasn't so secretive but I also kind of like that about them. When people ask what I'm wearing I say leisure society and they have no idea until they Google it and then think I'm insane for spending so much lol.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never tell my friends the brand I wear unless they are into this crazy world. And if so, still embarrased. Most of my small collection comes from JMM. I am a crazy shoe aficionado and never thought sunglasses would be so adictive too. Photography, shoes and now sunglasses.

Reaction score
I never tell my friends the brand I wear unless they are into this crazy world. And if so, still embarrased. Most of my small collection comes from JMM. I am a crazy shoe aficionado and never thought sunglasses would be so adictive too. Photography, shoes and now sunglasses.
I'm the same except with watches and now sunglasses. But I love it. I still try to spend most of my fun money on watches but I can see a nice pair of JMM in the near future.

Adroit

Reaction score
I'm the same except with watches and now sunglasses. But I love it. I still try to spend most of my fun money on watches but I can see a nice pair of JMM in the near future.

The problem with watches is that the amounts involved are exponentially greater than sunglasses, shoes, and in my case leather jackets as well. I was consumed with watches for several years. However, when I started wearing the monetary equivalent of a house on my wrist, I realized that it was time to scale back my watch collecting. Today, I wore my JMM Hickory Jax with my AP ROO Havana.

IMG_0830.JPG

HollyJoint

Reaction score
Buy a wayfarer now should i buy normal g15 lens or polarized ?
I would buy polarized but in the store they don't have it, should I buy it or not..?

Adroit

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with Akoni sunglasses? Not the models made for Balmain; rather, Akoni's own line.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buy a wayfarer now should i buy normal g15 lens or polarized ?
I would buy polarized but in the store they don't have it, should I buy it or not..?
I’m just not that arsed about polarized lenses for routine wear. I have a pair of Vuarnet ice polarised which are meant for ski-ing but work equally well out on the boat.

So I wouldn’t sweat polarised lenses unless you have specific snow/water activities in mind. When I wear polarised glasses for driving you get that weird shade when glancing at your phone for GPS directions, and other cars’ windows seem purple.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads