• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Thread for Sunglasses (High End and Rarities Welcome)

JDelage

Reaction score
I have the Entourage of 7 Vernon in brown (below). Made in Japan, good quality acetate and hinges, and interesting design elements. Entourage of 7 is part the Bellinger House, which also includes Blac (if you like carbon fiber).

Great, thank you. Since I really like the design elements, it's nice to know the quality is there.

JDelage

Reaction score
So I'm making my way down the JMM rabbit hole - a brand I didn't even know existed a month ago - and I am curious about the colourways and the limited editions.

First, are colourways for a given model appearing and disappearing over time? I'm asking because I was browsing eBay and say a seller with a Dealan in the "root beer" colorway (here) and it's not listed in the Dealan line up on the JMM site (here), which does list a number of retired models.

Second, with regard to the limited batches. Do they rotate, i.e., does a given model / color way combo ever come back?

havensk

Reaction score
I just picked up a pair of these from Arpenteur. They are very beefy and well made. Solid acetate, handmade in France, with big metal hinges. I love this shape and had been looking at vintage frames in hopes of finding something so I'm glad these came out. They also come with a neck pouch, which is great as I've ruined frames from having them hang off my collar before.

Another cool feature is the comic they come with, its a weird size so I'm going to have to order a custom frame for it but I love the tintin-esque art style and I need office artwork.

102870571_279189809892280_2472685572345949973_n.jpg
102291833_709518833135902_7722796344519799012_n.jpg

Adroit

Reaction score
So I'm making my way down the JMM rabbit hole - a brand I didn't even know existed a month ago - and I am curious about the colourways and the limited editions.

First, are colourways for a given model appearing and disappearing over time? I'm asking because I was browsing eBay and say a seller with a Dealan in the "root beer" colorway (here) and it's not listed in the Dealan line up on the JMM site (here), which does list a number of retired models.

All JMM model/colorway combinations are numbered, limited editions, and once a particular colorway is sold-out in a particular model, thats it. JMM's website lists some sold-out models/colorways, but not others. Moreover, when a particular model is sold-out by JMM and no longer on its website, it may still be in stock at a reseller.

In my experience, the Dealan is a tricky model. I have tried it on several times, but always balked. It has a pronounced cat-eye shape. I much prefer the Fitzgerald and Jax.

Second, with regard to the limited batches. Do they rotate, i.e., does a given model / color way combo ever come back?

JMM frequently issues new colorways in models that have been available for a while in other colorways. However, as stated above, JMM does not reissue a model/colorway combo that previously sold-out.

JDelage

Reaction score
@Adroit - Thanks for the info; this is very useful to me.

In my experience, the Dealan is a tricky model. I have tried it on several times, but always balked. It has a pronounced cat-eye shape. I much prefer the Fitzgerald and Jax.

Good to know. It's not obvious from the site's pictures (even though they say so in the description). Since there are more models I like than I will ever get, it's not a big deal. I do like the "root beer" acetate color way though.

JDelage

Reaction score
Yes, this colorway is actually even nicer. I've seen them on the Enzo, Felson, Hemmings, Jax, & Molino. I love all those clear acetates...

Last edited:

qubed

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

JDelage

Reaction score
Well, I was able to trace one pair of JMM Fitzgerald in the Yellowstone limited edition version, in England, and placed an order for it. The shop received them only yesterday, and they might be one of the few pairs left. I'll see the number when I get them. Good work Google!

JMM_Fitzgerald_Yellowstone_3-4.jpg

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll just add my stuff to the mix. Rigards oxidized/blackened sterling silver and Rigards x Geoffrey B Small titanium sunglasses. The collab one has Carl Zeiss lenses and honestly, I don't have any knowledge of the supposed difference or advantages. I prefer the aviator shape and still have my Oliver Peoples Copter. I do wish these came with polarized lenses.
IMG_20200716_151410.jpg
IMG_20200716_151618.jpg

JDelage

Reaction score
What do people think of ic! berlin's *titanium* frames? They look like they use the same hinge system as their famous stainless sunglasses, only in titanium...

Adroit

Reaction score
What do people think of ic! berlin's *titanium* frames? They look like they use the same hinge system as their famous stainless sunglasses, only in titanium...

I like IC! Berlin and have two pairs. That said, for contemporary, unadorned titanium sunglasses with simple, clean lines, I personally prefer Mykita, Lindberg, and Orgreen,

JDelage

Reaction score
Well, I was able to trace one pair of JMM Fitzgerald in the Yellowstone limited edition version, in England, and placed an order for it. The shop received them only yesterday, and they might be one of the few pairs left. I'll see the number when I get them. Good work Google!

Ugh... FedEx tells me the FDA is holding the glasses until I can provide them with a drop ball test certificate...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics