• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Thread for Sunglasses (High End and Rarities Welcome)

Adroit

Reaction score
I picked up the JMM Baudelaire last week in Antique Gold. Typical JMM detailing and quality.

JMM Baudelaire 010.jpg

JChong8

Reaction score
Man @Androit. Those are amazing in every way! Awesome pick up!

HollyJoint

Reaction score
I see some videos on youtube about face shapes, sizes etc ... and little or nothing helps me
As for colors, should I pay more attention to my hair color or skin color, or are these just bullshits?
I have black hair, should I buy some glasses with black frames too or one that makes some contrast?

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see some videos on youtube about face shapes, sizes etc ... and little or nothing helps me
As for colors, should I pay more attention to my hair color or skin color, or are these just bullshits?
I have black hair, should I buy some glasses with black frames too or one that makes some contrast?
Personally, I think that's all bullshit.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Revisiting this thread. I now have over six months of constant wear on my Salt. + Aether Voyage and I've fallen in love with their light weight. I can wear them all day without fatigue or needing to remove them, the optics are stellar and I love the way they look.

I was still planning on picking up a pair of Vuarnet glaciers, but my sunglasses vendor emailed me to say that they'd found a pair of unsold Explorer frames in their stockroom. Black with mirrored blue lenses, they were the exact model that originally put me onto the Salt + Aether collaboration so the Vuarnets will have to wait.

G2l7rW6.jpg

EAwBKZF.jpg

PgJ2KVH.jpg

vdLUpPO.jpg

WAiEHlO.jpg

JnMZEHy.jpg

cgCogjF.jpg

JpmweBU.jpg

I'm sure it's evident from the abundance of pics, but I'm really happy to have the Explorers. They are a bit sportier than the Voyage, and they are just as light. They are also surprisingly a bit more comfortable, which is something that I would have thought was impossible.

One thing of note is that some of the reviews I've seen on the Explorer lists them as having Zeiss glass lenses, and these are CR39. I guess they must have changed them after the earliest versions of the frames.

Thanks again to this thread for putting me onto Salt. !

These are awesome. I want both.

Though I think my wife would make fun of the side shields and ask if I was going skiing in them or something

CMT1

Reaction score
Thanks! The side shields aren't for everyone, that's for sure, but I absolutely love them.

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
personally it is because it's hard enough to find glasses or sunglasses that fit, have the right correctional lenses, etc., that once i've found one i like, i don't want to switch them in and out each day (would strain my eyes further)

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really liking these Masunaga sunglasses. I used their frames for my last two pair of reading glasses. Very nice.

36149365-CD12-427D-8D5B-38B9F9013C6D.jpeg

Last edited:

WSW

Reaction score
Spent last week deciding between the Dita Midnight Special with green lens and with blue lens. The blue version is definitely flashier and at times, it felt like it was wearing me versus the opposite. I did like the translucent blue temple tips. Nonetheless, ultimately went with the green lens since it felt more approachable. The blue lens is extremely reflective.
IMG_3363.jpg
IMG_3364.jpg
IMG_3366.jpg

JChong8

Reaction score
I hope all of you guys are staying safe and sane in these difficult times.

I had an e purchase that came in this week and other than a pair of Porsche design...these are my first pair of true vintage optyl Carrera. With a bit more research, I realized this is a pretty rare pair.

The Carrera 5412 that I got for $20 flat in a very cool almost “ruby” or crimson red.

C2762544-F994-446C-9A8A-198C4CA516AC.png
E1742E13-C7B1-4AEA-975F-C1E94F9509F3.jpeg
ADFB9BC7-9EC3-47D9-907D-80E630216EAE.jpeg

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for some help identifying these shades

B281ADE2-50FC-4423-A8E8-BB7B4F70E458.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads