• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

A Thread for Sunglasses (High End and Rarities Welcome)

JChong8

Reaction score
Man @Androit. Those are amazing in every way! Awesome pick up!

HollyJoint

Reaction score
I see some videos on youtube about face shapes, sizes etc ... and little or nothing helps me
As for colors, should I pay more attention to my hair color or skin color, or are these just bullshits?
I have black hair, should I buy some glasses with black frames too or one that makes some contrast?

GG Allin

Reaction score
I see some videos on youtube about face shapes, sizes etc ... and little or nothing helps me
As for colors, should I pay more attention to my hair color or skin color, or are these just bullshits?
I have black hair, should I buy some glasses with black frames too or one that makes some contrast?
Personally, I think that's all bullshit.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Revisiting this thread. I now have over six months of constant wear on my Salt. + Aether Voyage and I've fallen in love with their light weight. I can wear them all day without fatigue or needing to remove them, the optics are stellar and I love the way they look.

I was still planning on picking up a pair of Vuarnet glaciers, but my sunglasses vendor emailed me to say that they'd found a pair of unsold Explorer frames in their stockroom. Black with mirrored blue lenses, they were the exact model that originally put me onto the Salt + Aether collaboration so the Vuarnets will have to wait.

I'm sure it's evident from the abundance of pics, but I'm really happy to have the Explorers. They are a bit sportier than the Voyage, and they are just as light. They are also surprisingly a bit more comfortable, which is something that I would have thought was impossible.

One thing of note is that some of the reviews I've seen on the Explorer lists them as having Zeiss glass lenses, and these are CR39. I guess they must have changed them after the earliest versions of the frames.

Thanks again to this thread for putting me onto Salt. !
These are awesome. I want both.

Though I think my wife would make fun of the side shields and ask if I was going skiing in them or something

CMT1

Reaction score
Thanks! The side shields aren't for everyone, that's for sure, but I absolutely love them.

bbconair

Reaction score
personally it is because it's hard enough to find glasses or sunglasses that fit, have the right correctional lenses, etc., that once i've found one i like, i don't want to switch them in and out each day (would strain my eyes further)

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really liking these Masunaga sunglasses. I used their frames for my last two pair of reading glasses. Very nice.

36149365-CD12-427D-8D5B-38B9F9013C6D.jpeg

Last edited:

WSW

Reaction score
Spent last week deciding between the Dita Midnight Special with green lens and with blue lens. The blue version is definitely flashier and at times, it felt like it was wearing me versus the opposite. I did like the translucent blue temple tips. Nonetheless, ultimately went with the green lens since it felt more approachable. The blue lens is extremely reflective.
IMG_3363.jpg
IMG_3364.jpg
IMG_3366.jpg

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.