• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

A.Testoni or Santoni?

Chris "Italia"

Reaction score
Which shoe would you reccomend?

seok

Reaction score
i personally find Santonis to have more classic styles and Testonis to be too fashion forward, almost crying out for attention.

i've been happy with the Santonis i've had, even at below Fatte a Mano levels...they strike me as very durable and they don't crease much. can't comment on Testonis--never owned a pair.

dizzhizz

Reaction score
I love my testonis - they are a bit trendy but not too overbearing and quite comfortable.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
i tend to put atestoni in my mind more towards the fashion label type shoes, like gucci, yves st laurent, vuitton, etc. the styling kind of dictates that for me as they are a bit more fashion forward and a bit more for nightclub type of scene.
santoni, although aggressive in their styling, something for some reason makes me think they belong in the more classic shoe genre. the FAM models and above definitely are very substantial pieces that for some models, the leathers figuratively melt in your hands like caramel.

etl

Reaction score
I'm quite a fan of Testoni. Most of mine are fairly conservative.

Sadly, the store on 5th seems to have closed and i don't think they've opened another New York shop. Does anyone here have better information on this?

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I prefer Santoni. Love the styling / construction..

The testonis that I've seen haven't "blown me away."

drljva

Reaction score
Originally Posted by E. Tage Larsen
I'm quite a fan of Testoni. Most of mine are fairly conservative.

Sadly, the store on 5th seems to have closed and i don't think they've opened another New York shop. Does anyone here have better information on this?

Yes, indeed, they've closed down -- for good, it seems. They had quite a blow-out, too, last winter. Got some great deals on some great shoes (as did others on this board). Right now, Saks seems to be the only place that has a good selection of A. Testoni.

etl

Reaction score
Dear drljva,

Thanks for the feedback. Nice to finally put that question to bed.

amerikajinda

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They both make great shoes... something for everyone. I was very impressed with the A. Testoni boutique in the Hyundae deptartment store in Seoul, South Korea.

Personally, I prefer Santoni (fatte a mano) -- for their blend of incredible comfort, style and workmanship.

(side note: I'm selling a brand new pair of Santonis: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=19664) -- if you're an 11D US, these are a great deal!

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
i always thought the pronunciation of fatte a mano
was "FAUT a MAno" syllabic stress on the first and third syllables.

but after thinking about it and from what i can deduce from my limited knowledge of spanish,
is that it should be pronounced,

"fet A meno" with the stress on the second syllable
like you say ' a domino'

i dont know what does everyone else think?

amerikajinda

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by diorshoe
i always thought the pronunciation of fatte a mano
was "FAUT a MAno" syllabic stress on the first and third syllables.

but after thinking about it and from what i can deduce from my limited knowledge of spanish,
is that it should be pronounced,

"fet A meno" with the stress on the second syllable
like you say ' a domino'

i dont know what does everyone else think?

I'll defer to any Italians, but I think it's pronounced "FAHT-tay a mano" (five syllables) with the (slight) accent on the first.

Rollo Tomasi

Reaction score
Santonis for me. Testonis have that "Night at the Roxbury" look to them.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
definitely santonis for me, and i do love the orange sock lining fam's. testonis, even the black labelled a. testoni line, doesnt really get to me. i have come across moreschi's in a store where they sold testonis and i find the moreschi's even better aesthetically.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.