1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

A 'System' to scan and find the next job

Discussion in 'Business, Careers & Education' started by Star, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Star

Star Senior member

I am over my current job as a PM in a Business PMO in a finance company and looking to move on. In a nut shell much is asked of me (accountability, managing multiple projects, managing managers that struggle with the managing part and etc) but little is returned. I was promoted up to PM but not promoted money wise so it is time to move on.

What I am looking for is ‘system’ for monitoring other companies I would like to work for. I can easily pound a jobs search site however most job ads here are run by shonky agents and I prefer to deal directly with a company.

My ‘system’ options at the moment are to regularly scan the career pages of my target companies maybe once a week and be patient.

Note: I would not change roles or company for the sake of changing or to be spiteful. I am prepared to be patient but I also want to be efficient and effective.

Any other ideas for a ‘system’

2. Valor

Valor Senior member

A headhunter.

3. Matt

Matt Senior member

what's a PM (project manager?) and PMO?

4. unjung

unjung Senior member

Your system is shite. Your system should involve getting out there, meeting industry players, setting up informational meetings when appropriate, generally putting your name out there.

5. Flambeur

Flambeur Senior member

what's a PM (project manager?) and PMO?

I'm guessing project manager and project management office.

6. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

Your system should be to make friends with people in your target companies.