• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Song of Ice and Fire

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I stopped reading after the A Feast For Crows...but then again, that was the last book to be released back in '05.

I'm going to have to read the series all over again just to remember all the plot lines and threads so the next one will make sense when it comes out.

Chiaroscuro

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I love that series, and I anxiously await the release of A Dance With Dragons. Luckily for me I didnt start reading the series until all the current books had been released, because Martin is absolutely horrible at deadlines. Lots of fans of the series are praying he doesnt die before its completed. Some good news is HBO has greenlit production of A Game of Thrones. I wont lie Iam excited. I hope HBO does it right. Here is the cast.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Daenerys seems a bit old...

Excellent series. Awaiting the next one. (Hope Martin doesn't jordan out of us) There's is (for a fantasy series) a lot of character development. And it's quite an exciting read.

Chiaroscuro

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CDFS
Daenerys seems a bit old...

Excellent series. Awaiting the next one. (Hope Martin doesn't jordan out of us) There's is (for a fantasy series) a lot of character development. And it's quite an exciting read.

iam not a fan of this dany, i think taylor momsen from gossip girls is a better fit image wise.

taylor%20momsen.jpg

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I read this in HS, it was pretty awesome for a fantasy series. Looking forward to the show - I believe there is already a threak about it.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
I read this in HS, it was pretty awesome for a fantasy series. Looking forward to the show - I believe there is already a threak about it.

^this makes me feel old.

I'm getting annoyed with waiting for him to finish. Reminds me of when I read "Dinosaur Planet" by Anne McAffery and then waited more than 10 years for her to get around to writing the promised sequel. Of course it sucked, but then again I'd passed from adolescence to adulthood while I waited for it.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Woah, a show?

I read up to "A Feast for Crows." How many books in the series have been published since then? If none I will LOL. He is ridiculous with deadlines.

mgoose

Reaction score
Yeah like most I read up through "A Feast for Crows", but one of the best fantasy series out there.

Wheel of time went downhill around book 5 or so and Sword of Truth series around book 4, but you start, so it feels like you have to finish.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ahh a Feast for Crows, I remember reading that... my sophomore summer of High School.

Good thing is I kind of forgot about the series, bad things is no new books have come out since... A Song of Fire and Ice is probably one of the best fantasy books out there, it's great and worthy of all the praise it gets. I just hope the series will finish.

The terrible thing about long sweeping epics is that, unless they're already finished, they tend to take a while to advance and usually it's better to forget about them for years and re-read and catch up (oh Berserk....).

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chiaroscuro
iam not a fan of this dany, i think taylor momsen from gossip girls is a better fit image wise.
taylor%20momsen.jpg

She would do better/looks more like, I think, although I must confess to have never seen Gossip Girl and to having no clue who TM is.

ArteEtLabore14

Reaction score
Christ, Waymar Royce looks like a woman. lawl.

In all seriousness though, casting looks spot on for most of the characters. Not a fan of Jon Snow, looks very young, same with Joffrey. Most of the others though look great.

thinc

Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads