• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A small cri de coeur on custimer service - E&R

TheEdwardian

Reaction score
I wended my weary and wary way to Ede and Ravenscroft Oxford today for a fitting for a suit from their annual MTM offer. I have lost quite a lot of weight in my post-Xmas diet, so some tweaks were inevitable. However, the waistcoat was far too long, about 2.5'' They instantly offerered a full remake. They also kindly offered me the original. Not sure what I could do with it unless I get 6 inches taller swiftly, but I may be able to claim it back if anyone knows what to do with a 38" odd minight vest in 15oz wool.

This should be unremarkable, but I suspect it is actually to be remarked on, a full remake on a special offer mustwipe out at least 30% of the profit, so bloody good for them.

Anyone want to pipe up fpr whether their 4 MTM shirts for 3 is a good offer?

TheEdwardian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
You might want to ask Holdfast.
I would bedelighted to hear his input. Should I still frequent 'that grey city' as much as I should like, I would have given the gentleman the run of my bar tab... [Sirencall to Holdfast] you were the one who showed me that dressing properly was entirely possible in the real world. Sir, to you, I take off my hat. Then put it on again and looklike a wanker from about 1928, but proud of it. xxx

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads