• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

A small cri de coeur on custimer service - E&R

TheEdwardian

Reaction score
I wended my weary and wary way to Ede and Ravenscroft Oxford today for a fitting for a suit from their annual MTM offer. I have lost quite a lot of weight in my post-Xmas diet, so some tweaks were inevitable. However, the waistcoat was far too long, about 2.5'' They instantly offerered a full remake. They also kindly offered me the original. Not sure what I could do with it unless I get 6 inches taller swiftly, but I may be able to claim it back if anyone knows what to do with a 38" odd minight vest in 15oz wool.

This should be unremarkable, but I suspect it is actually to be remarked on, a full remake on a special offer mustwipe out at least 30% of the profit, so bloody good for them.

Anyone want to pipe up fpr whether their 4 MTM shirts for 3 is a good offer?

TheEdwardian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
You might want to ask Holdfast.
I would bedelighted to hear his input. Should I still frequent 'that grey city' as much as I should like, I would have given the gentleman the run of my bar tab... [Sirencall to Holdfast] you were the one who showed me that dressing properly was entirely possible in the real world. Sir, to you, I take off my hat. Then put it on again and looklike a wanker from about 1928, but proud of it. xxx

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 11 3.9%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 44 15.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 89 31.2%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 53 18.6%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 22 7.7%