• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Shoemaker's blog... or something like that

MarcellHUN

Reaction score
thanks! From Tirana, Albania? What do you do there? We are not so far...

smmea

Reaction score
yes not so far, Iv been in Budapest some years agoe, gorgeous city. The old part riverside is so amazing mayby I liked that much cos i was on vacation with my beloved ex girlfriend and so came out one of the most memorable week... anyway anyone can notice that the people out ther got style

navysuede

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fishball
I want to order some sole leather from a supplier, but I dont understand what they said in the quotation, what exactly it means "10-11 FS $180- 10Pkg" and "25 WOS $90- Box-20"

Anybody helps?

10-11 is the sole thickness in Irons and FS = fullsoles..I'm assuming that the $180 for 10 pairs
of fullsoles and wos is for womens...not sure about box 20
Hope this helps.

Eck

Reaction score
Marcel,
What type of inseaming thread do you use? I am asking this because I have read somewhere that the traditional linen thread is not as good as it used to be, hence, a lot of bespoke shoemakers switched to polyester. What is you view on this matter? Stronger shoe or "˜purer' shoe?

Cheers
Eck

MarcellHUN

Reaction score
I think there is no problem with the linen thread waxed correctly. Actually those thread has some advantages comparing with the polyester. I have a pair of 60-70 years old shoes - no problem with the thread..

Something else.. I know it is not what you call elegant.. actually just the opposite. But warm, comfy and made from 100% natural materials. Would you buy it?

I made them for myself, when I realised how much I hate the slippers which I can wear 3 weeks long. I bought a piece of lamb skin with fur on, and made it. Feedback please!

dsc0416em1.jpg

hadamulletonce

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MarcellHUN
I think there is no problem with the linen thread waxed correctly. Actually those thread has some advantages comparing with the polyester. I have a pair of 60-70 years old shoes - no problem with the thread..

Something else.. I know it is not what you call elegant.. actually just the opposite. But warm, comfy and made from 100% natural materials. Would you buy it?

I made them for myself, when I realised how much I hate the slippers which I can wear 3 weeks long. I bought a piece of lamb skin with fur on, and made it. Feedback please!

dsc0416em1.jpg

A very warm looking pair of slippers. nice!

MarcellHUN

Reaction score
Working on a DVD.. I decided to make a DVD for beginners about shoemaking. Here are some pictures:
picture-1.png
picture-21.png
picture-8.png
picture-6.png
I just post--- maybe someone is interested here..

lpresq

Reaction score
When are you going to begin selling RTW? Cost?

MarcellHUN

Reaction score
I can tell you the cost, but not the exact date yet. RTW will start at 450 euros MTO at 550. I wtill work on some details, so I would need more time. I hope not too much.. Thanks for understanding!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads