• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A SF illustrated journey into champagne wishes and caviar dreams...

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
All submissions in this thread must be accompanied by pictures or links to items for sale.

This is the scenario and rules:

1 - You just received 10 Million US dollars, tax free.

2 - You have to spend it all in one post (or as much of it as you can)

3 - After that post, any remaining money is null and void. You can post as many times as you want, but you always start off with ten million, and you cannot repeat any of your previous purchases.

4 -You cannot buy more than one of each item or items from the same vendor. (I.E. you cannot buy ten million sponges from the dollar store unless something else you purchase can consume those items.) Yes, you can buy more than one gallon of gas for your new yacht, because it makes the Yacht run.

5 - Your purchases must be from amongst the following categories, Real Estate and Property, Vehicles and Transportation, Decorative Items of value (jewelry, artwork, etc.), Services and Leisure (Fine dining, cruises, trips, scuba lessons, etc), Entertainment and Technology (a lap dance would qualify, but more than one lap dance would be violating rule 4). and Clothing and Accessories.

6 - Again, you must find and post a link to item for sale, picture (with a quoted price), or article about its sale that describes the asking price.

7 - All items must be for SALE when you post it. Nothing that used to be for sale (ended auction, etc) and nothing that will be for sale later.

Have some extra time on your hands and some dreams? Imagine the possibilities with us!

FrankDrebben

Reaction score
1. Home on the water in Newport Beach with dock $7.9M
http://www.californiamoves.com/Prope...2733&RowNum=41

d1b7b405-3ecb-46ca-a5d5-5a3a3d652733.JPG

2. 112 foot yacht for the slip $1.9
http://www.boattrader.com/listing/19...HOUSE-90671543

florida_yachts1201497_1.jpg

3. $200,000 worth of bespoke suits (I had to tie it back to SF somehow)

unpainted huffheinz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I cannot figure out how to budget coat hangers based on your silly rules. As a result I will just buy some brothel in Holland and a plane ticket there.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd buy Anne Hathaway.

For links, check out all the Dumb Threads.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
oh ye of little imagination...

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got some free time on my hands right now, so I'll play. Homes Apartment in 1 West India Quay in London. London's great for shopping. I like this building because its one of the only modern buildings in London and its smack in the middle of everything which makes your commute around London easier to deal with. I'd get one of the smaller ones because I want several houses around the world, none of them need to be huge. - $2.4M
content_H_H55_H555_H555M_H555ML0F.JPG
Dubai villa - Somewhere close to the beach $3M-ish
victory-heights-golf-villas-707697.jpg
And my regular house right now, not worthy of mention. But I'm a hometown type of guy.
smile.gif
Transportation: Saleen S7 - just because it's a car so distinct most people have never seen or heard of it. It reminds me of some of my hot wheels from when I was a kid. This would be perfect for cruising around Dubai. ($550K)
saleen_slide-1.jpg
Maybach - I'd want one of these for London because I couldn't stand having to drive myself around a city that crowded. This way I could just relax in the back seat. I specifically want a Maybach because everyone there seems to a Rolls-Royce Phantom, and I'd just want to buck the trend. - ($330K)
MAYBACH.jpg
Mercedes CLS $95K - This would be my everyday car just because I'm in love with the curves of the car and I like 4-doors. Plus it won't attract attention like the other two aforementioned cars. I like anonymity.
2009_cls1-thumb.jpg
NetJets card - just so I don't have to deal with airline food. (unsure how much it costs, maybe $100K a year?)
citationx.jpg
Yacht - for cruising around the Indian Ocean. Rented because I don't see what the point of owning something with as much upkeep as a yacht is if you only use it occasionally. $50K/yr rental
stealth540yacht.jpg
The Help: A Butler - so I don't have to iron my own clothes or polish my own shoes (he better know how to do a crazy mirror-shine.) $60k/year(?)
butler.jpg
Personal Chef - so I don't have to go out to restaurants and look for food I like - $70K/year(?)
chef_main.jpg
Maid - take a wild guess
smile.gif
$50K/year(?)
Classic_Black_Satin_French_Maid_Uniform.jpg
Watches: Hublot Big Bang - red gold, brown strap, diamonds and all. I'm oddly obsessed with it despite its impracticality. $22K
b2e7b16d-e632-44b6-b004-9aa0dd9c2ee6.jpg
Breguet - I just love the styling of these watches with the guilloche dial. I'd really settle for any similarly styled Breguet - $50K
5947bb.12.9v6.jpg
Cartier Santos - its too iconic not to have one. Just about one of the classiest oversized watches out there in my eyes - $6K
w20073x8.jpg

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
1 x trip to 'Everything $2'
5,000,000 x things.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ms244
mig29c.jpg

It'll be fun until you get shot down over NYC while en route to a sale at Barney's.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't have the energy to post pictures, but it's simple - I would buy a huge shop space somewhere nearby, and then the rest of the money would go into a good CNC machine, other metalworking machines, some woodworking machines, a vehicle lift, tons of hand tools, a big pile of random raw materials, and a badass computer/media center/sound system with good seating. And a BMW 800 GS completely decked out, whenever they finally get around to releasing it. And decent wetbar with a kegerator system and a few taps, etc. Aside from that, I'm good.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FidelCashflow;1296997 said:
I got some free time on my hands right now, so I'll play.

Homes

Apartment in 1 West India Quay in London. London's great for shopping. I like this building because its one of the only modern buildings in London and its smack in the middle of everything which makes your commute around London easier to deal with. I'd get one of the smaller ones because I want several houses around the world, none of them need to be huge. - $2.4M
content_H_H55_H555_H555M_H555ML0F.JPG

I dont know why you would want to live out in Canary Wharf, its hardly London. Its just full of bankers who stay there out of convenience because its too much of a pain ********** to huff it back to west / north west London at 2 am. The friends I have who live out there would 10x rather live in a period property somewhere more central.

I get depressed when I go to the wharf outside of business hours.

K

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
I dont know why you would want to live out in Canary Wharf, its hardly London. Its just full of bankers who stay there out of convenience because its too much of a pain ********** to huff it back to west / north west London at 2 am. The friends I have who live out there would 10x rather live in a period property somewhere more central. I get depressed when I go to the wharf outside of business hours. K
It's right along the docks, so you have a nice view of the waterfront. It's got all the office towers, so it has a really metropolitan vibe. The area lights up at night which is pretty nice. It's a solid location in central London. But mainly because it's one of the only modern buildings in London. Victorian houses all have character and all that good stuff, but sometimes you just want to step into the 21st century.
smile.gif
In my neighborhood, a 10 year-old house is considered old, let alone a 100 year-old apartment.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads