• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a couple on the way, also. Prometeo gray grenadine and wide stripe shantung (red and gold)

Those sound really exciting! Do you have many Hober ties?

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, absolutely. David's willingness to work to satisfy customer requests leads me to (without knowledge, so don't hold him to my assumptions) assume he'd be willing to work with customer provided goods.

Yes!

See my latest blog post at www.rodsmodblog.wordpress.com

I find it hard to imagine anyone being dissatisfied with David's workmanship or customer service. He’s a true gent as well, a pleasure to do business with.

bantone

Reaction score
I just ordered my first midnight blue grenadine tie from David and this thread is tempting me to buy another to match a pocket square or two I have!

bantone

Reaction score
Any suggestions on a tie I can match with this beautiful pocket square? @DCTieGuy :D
ezYNYye.jpg

Last edited:

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Any suggestions on a tie I can match with this beautiful pocket square? @DCTieGuy :D
ezYNYye.jpg

You shouldn't be picking a pocket square then trying to "match" a tie to it. A pocket square should be the last accessory selected, and should complement the rest of your outfit. Given the range of colors in that square, it should be pretty versatile and you can wear it a variety of ways.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received a beautiful pair of ties from David &Co yesterday. A gray prometeo grenadine and a wide stripe shantung (dark red-dark gold). Both first rate, very pleased!
Will post pics of each in coming days.

bantone

Reaction score
I would definitely buy another tie from David after my first. What beautiful craftsmanship!

bxeqePu.jpg

cyclemanic

Reaction score
My first Macclesfield tie and first Sam Hober tie all in one -- and definitely not my last.

3.5" width, standard 3-fold construction (didn't specify the lining), very neat hand-rolled edges -- knots real nicely even on the first try.

IMG-4172.JPG

pmestrad

Reaction score
Anyone with thoughts on the durability of grenadine shantung ties? I love shantung ties. Grenadine are also very nice, however, I find that they damage easily. Would grenadine shantung behave more like the grenadines in terms of damaging or more like shantungs? Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads