• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Opinions vary. I like symmetrical knots, hence the half Windsor I favor. I don’t mind the FIH even though we know it’s supposed to be asymmetrical.

First knot does suck due to my preferences just stated, although Eric likes it. Your 2nd knot is ok… I just find it hard to compliment you.

You already know you’re the weird annoying kid that plays with himself in the sandbox, thus I can’t take any of your SF comments seriously.
I feel like "plays by himself" would have been the more accurate phrasing, but your version is soooooooooooo much better :rotflmao:

Verve

Reaction score
SJR, c’mon. As a professional troll, you got to bring it… go beast mode, my friend.

For example, we know you piggy-back your girlfriend everywhere because of your natural love of asymmetry… you only date girls with one leg 6 inches shorter than the other, and she walks in circles.

One thing I can’t stand are passive aggressive trolls half-assing it. Let’s go, SJR. I believe in you. You can do it!

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mean... wut? You really gonna stand by the **** who likes symmetrical knots? Okay, that's your call, bruh. Fuggin hypocrite. 🤣 I'll see you on ebay as well as that other site.
Lol. Shut the **** up. I don't, which is why I complimented YOUR asymmetrical ones :eek:
V likes symmetrical knots...and who gives a ****? I see no need to be a **** for no reason toward someone I disagree with about an arbitrary topic.
Don't out my Spankbang likes...

Note: **** added to test if SF was auto-censoring. They are not. Christ you're a BBB

Bavo

Reaction score
I think maybe Bavo asked about brown ties with charcoal suits a while back. I finally put that ensemble together today. IMO, it looks great IRL. The pic below has bad lighting because it was a mirror selfie (I usually get a family member to take a pic). Sorry about this bad pic, folks.
View attachment 1808276

That is a nice combo, thanks for posting it!

They don't. Go pound sand.

The only sand that @James1051 should pound is a knot in that fine sand grenadine tie!

winghus

Reaction score
The blue tie with the off white tie. Can you give me the specific colors and type (grossa or fine) if it’s not on the Sam Hober site?
Isn't this it?
similar...

Repel345

Reaction score

The_Shooter

Reaction score
Curious:
How is the tie business going these days?

I knwo the slobs are rooting for death to ties, but now that the we appear to be through the pandemic and athleisure wearhas taken a negative turn and dressing well is back in style, I am wondering if tie sales are increasing?

good luck. Don’t give in to the slobs and those who want to shame those who look good!

acconrad

Reaction score
I can’t believe people are dunking on Hober. The best ties. I don’t have many ties anymore but they’re all Hober and Drakes and the Hobers are so nice (I’m referring to the owners but their ties are excellent, too).

Verve

Reaction score
Whenever I receive my next suit order, I should be placing another round of tie orders with Hober (maybe 7 ties) soon.

I went thrift shopping yesterday, and it was interesting to see some ties from the 80’s & 90’s. I found a couple of ties that I wanted to buy, but they were either the wrong length or width unfortunately. I even found one tie that was a 1 inch width, which made me lol.

It’s nice to have bespoke ties like Hober, where everything is custom.

acconrad

Reaction score
And the thing is they are MTM ties at an incredible price (under $100!).

I can’t think of any other MTM outfit that does such excellent work at such a good price in terms of price to value.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads