• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Macclesfield 297 this nice summer morning
0391B4E4-E9CA-4D97-BE47-A70C2D9E67B3.jpeg

Encathol Epistemia

Reaction score
The Thursday part of my Thai Stripe Silk collection is a very striking ocean blue and black nectkie, which I made extinct within Sam Hober's stock. Like all of these, it is of six-fold construction, but like the Tuesday and Wednesday nectkies, this silk is so thin and light that I almost couldn't believe that at first.

Thursday Necktie.JPG

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Friday Eve! Candy stripes on this wonderful Thursday

PXL_20210722_134507655.jpg

PXL_20210722_133852757.jpg
PXL_20210722_133902406.jpg

Bavo

Reaction score

The Thursday part of my Thai Stripe Silk collection is a very striking ocean blue and black nectkie, which I made extinct within Sam Hober's stock. Like all of these, it is of six-fold construction, but like the Tuesday and Wednesday nectkies, this silk is so thin and light that I almost couldn't believe that at first.

These and the others posted this week look great and are styles I’ve not explored. But also not what my wallet needs! I sense myself getting on the website and making an order soon.

Encathol Epistemia

Reaction score
And now, the thrilling conclusion...

This necktie is made from a quite different-looking silk from the others with broad salmon and green sections buffered by narrower mostly gold stripes accented by thin iridescent silver stripes crossing in the opposite direction. The construction is six-fold, like the others, but this silk is quite robust, so it's a very substantial necktie rather than being light and airy.

It's a really interesting design and my favorite of the five.

Friday Necktie .JPG

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Friday! Ravello boots today and some pastel.

PXL_20210723_140606647.jpg

PXL_20210723_140033847.jpg
PXL_20210723_140037677.jpg
PXL_20210723_132238307.jpg
PXL_20210723_204519857.jpg

DFWWingnut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love Savvy’s posts. It’s one of the reasons I follow this thread. Would be great to list the swatch # for each of them. :) A bit more work for you but makes it easier for us to find them on the website.

Verve

Reaction score

This necktie is made from a quite different-looking silk from the others with broad salmon and green sections buffered by narrower mostly gold stripes accented by thin iridescent silver stripes crossing in the opposite direction. The construction is six-fold, like the others, but this silk is quite robust, so it's a very substantial necktie rather than being light and airy.

View attachment 1643184
I’ve been enjoying all the recent tie posts of yours. Great selection!

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1642608

Great looking tie. Is that a brown/bronze? Very unique, I like it.

View attachment 1642824

I don't have any of these, but they are really unique and stand out in a good way.

View attachment 1643184

Very unique! I like the whole ensemble.

By the way, where is that Orson Welles photo from?

I love Savvy’s posts. It’s one of the reasons I follow this thread. Would be great to list the swatch # for each of them. :) A bit more work for you but makes it easier for us to find them on the website.

Thank you very much! Really means a lot to hear that. :slayer:

If there are any you wish to know about, let me know! I will tell you that all the grenadines are Fina weave; never had grenadines before but they are FANTASTIC. I wanted something still pretty formal but not so tight of a weave you can't tell it's grenadine.

I need to get some more ties (shirts would be nice too)!

Encathol Epistemia

Reaction score
Very unique! I like the whole ensemble.

Yes, I think that they're pretty neat and a change of pace for me; to date my daily office nectkies had alternated between Ancient Madder paisleys and various Mudmee silks.

By the way, where is that Orson Welles photo from?

I believe that it is from F for Fake, which has a lot of Orson Welles making interesting expressions while wearing a wide-brimmed black hat and matching coat.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Milkshake longwings a day early and a classic ecru for this steamy Tuesday

PXL_20210727_134015694.jpg

PXL_20210727_133346884.jpg
PXL_20210727_133350144.jpg

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I think that they're pretty neat and a change of pace for me; to date my daily office nectkies had alternated between Ancient Madder paisleys and various Mudmee silks.

I believe that it is from F for Fake, which has a lot of Orson Welles making interesting expressions while wearing a wide-brimmed black hat and matching coat.

Very good, thanks on all fronts!

Haha, awesome thank you. I have never seen that before so I will have to check it out!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads