1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by in stitches, May 24, 2011.

Tags:
  1. bringusingoodale

bringusingoodale Senior member

Great looking ties. How gauche would it be to mass email this pic to all my friends and relatives? [​IMG]

2. Navi

Navi Senior member

Great looking ties.

How gauche would it be to mass email this pic to all my friends and relatives?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] mind if i steal your idea?!

3. dasai

dasai Senior member

Great looking ties. How gauche would it be to mass email this pic to all my friends and relatives? [​IMG]
    You have to add the product page URL from samhober.com first. [​IMG]

4. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

That was fast.

[​IMG]

(More pics later.)

5. Getzione

Getzione Senior member

That was fast.

[​IMG]

(More pics later.)

Forgot to mention, David: I really like the new tieboxes.

6. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Front: [​IMG] Back: [​IMG] Colour surprise (well, not for me)—cobalt blue: [​IMG] [​IMG] Details: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Shaped and dyed lining: [​IMG] Yes, also on the small side...: [​IMG] Last one: [​IMG] (Sorry about the photo quality; I'm using a new camera and a new RAW converter. And taking pics of a tie is quite hard... Hope you like them anyway.)

1 person likes this.
  7. emptym

emptym Senior member Moderator

^Very, very nice. Pics look great to me. Thanks for them. I will probably place an order soon.

8. gusvs

gusvs Senior member

Very nice tie and pics NOBD! Thanks for sharing!

9. nhannon

nhannon Senior member

Contrast bar tack is a nice touch NOBD

10. yuljo

yuljo Active Member

Sam Hober made my first real tie out of forest green cashmere and it's the most substantial feeling tie I've ever held. I don't think I'll be getting my ties from anyone else anytime soon.

11. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Thanks, guys.

Contrast bar tack is a nice touch NOBD

Thanks. That's what I thought. I'm not sure why (besides that I love brown and blue) it had to be
    cobalt blue, but that's what it had to be. I asked David if it was possible and he asked me to send
    a photo for colour reference. That was this one (not mine):

[​IMG]

It didn't have to be that exact colour, just a very saturated mid blue, and that's precisely what I got.

(Sorry for the long story about such a small detail, but I think it's great that personal wishes like
    that are met with enthousiasm.)

12. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

^ Thats cool - although if you stare at that jar of powder for more than 3 seconds, you go blind.

13. mlongano

mlongano Senior member

Here are a couple of match-ups I have or have on order for a sport coat I recently had made up...which do you like better, and do you have any suggestions for trousers...I was planning on a medium brown or khaki trouser: John G. Hardy 13 oz. Lambswool Sport Coat Fabric: [​IMG] Green cashmere tie: [​IMG] Brown pocket square: [​IMG] OR [​IMG] Brown grenadine tie: [​IMG] Green pocket square: [​IMG]

14. forex

forex Senior member

For that sport coat,green tie will work. Use some other color PS. I have a sample of that cloth,can you post the made up coat? Very curious to see it.

15. mlongano

mlongano Senior member

Sure...here's a picture although the overall color in real life is a bit more mustard than this picture shows:

[​IMG]

16. forex

forex Senior member

Thanks,it is totally different from what I expected. Maybe I have a different # but it is very close to what you posted,do you remember the number of the fabric?

17. mlongano

mlongano Senior member

Thanks,it is totally different from what I expected. Maybe I have a different # but it is very close to what you posted,do you remember the number of the fabric?
    Huddersfield Fine Worsted, Lambs Wool – 7706 – Brown Houndtooth Check

18. forex

forex Senior member

Huddersfield Fine Worsted, Lambs Wool - 7706 - Brown Houndtooth Check

Yep,that's the one I have. Thanks for posting the picture,I will shut my mouth about the peak lapels[​IMG] [​IMG]

19. mlongano

mlongano Senior member

Yep,that's the one I have. Thanks for posting the picture,I will shut my mouth about the peak lapels[​IMG] [​IMG]
    LOL, no problem...individual preference...I have all of my suits made with notch lapels, and all of my sport coats with peak. FYI, the real color of the fabric is close to the originally posted swatch in post number 173.

20. Navi

Navi Senior member

Amazing pics NOBD! Live the colors of the tack with that brown. What width did you choose, if you don't mind me asking?

You convinced me to ask relatives for a Hober tie for christmas, aha. Thinking of a bitter chocolate garza grossa, or fina? I have a navy Panta fina so I want to try out a garza. Thinking of a sky blue tack (or robins egg blue), maybe 3.2" for the width. Still mulling over some colors.

David, what are your options for construction? Do you make six/seven folds, unlined? I'm considering a lightly lined six fold, not sure if that will turn out too thick though. Great, great stuff. I covet your whole tie catalogue.