A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by in stitches, May 24, 2011.

Tags:
  1. apropos

apropos Senior member

who is the threefold grenadine maker here?
    In hindsight it was not the best idea to be seen as dissing other makers - I appreciate them, for they bring variety to the market. What others may lack in construction they make up for in fabric choice.

That said, if you want a superlatively made tie that can be customised ad-infinitum, you owe it to yourself to check out SH.

2. Don Carlos

Don Carlos In Time Out

Hober ties are simply incredible. All sorts of little differences in the quality of the construction that you start to appreciate over time. And great fabric selection, too.

3. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

In hindsight it was not the best idea to be seen as dissing other makers - I appreciate them, for they bring variety to the market. What others may lack in construction they make up for in fabric choice.

That said, if you want a superlatively made tie that can be customised ad-infinitum, you owe it to yourself to check out SH.

panta is 6 fold to my understanding ... was wondering who sold 3 fold grenadines on here?[​IMG]

4. John152

John152 Well-Known Member

I'm looking to get a tie that would be perfect for an interview. I was looking at some the reppe stripe ties, but can't decide. Does anyone have any suggestions? The more soporific the better.

5. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

Our selection is going to get a lot larger this year and keep growing for quite a while.

[​IMG]
    too much choice is not a good thing. you have a nicely edited selection now - it's hard to pick now as it is[​IMG]

6. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Senior member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone
    I'm looking to get a tie that would be perfect for an interview. I was looking at some the reppe stripe ties, but can't decide. Does anyone have any suggestions? The more soporific the better.
    If you're married to stripes, perhaps this:
    http://www.samhober.com/atkinsons-ir...in-tie-56.html

If not, then maybe one of these:
    http://www.samhober.com/grenadine-ga...lk-tie-11.html
    http://www.samhober.com/pin-dot-silk...ilk-tie-1.html
    http://www.samhober.com/macclesfield...lk-tie-78.html

7. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

SpooPoker,

Thank you for your thoughtful comments - they are appreciated.

When I see your name I am very curious are you a serious poker player? I think of poker players as not smiling but from your posts you clearly like to laugh and have fun,

[​IMG] Yes, I do take poker very seriously, but you are right about me laughing and having fun.

8. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

My first Sam Hober tie is being made as we speak (well, as I'm posting on a forum).

9. tricky

tricky Senior member

Just ordered my first Sam Hober, a 3" navy grenadine that I'm very excited about.

10. coolal

coolal Senior member

11. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

12. afterglow

afterglow Well-Known Member

I'm awaiting my first order: a dark red grenadine tie and a few pocket squares. I can't comment on the quality of the stuff yet but I will say this: AMAZING customer service. Well above and beyond what anyone could reasonably expect from ANY company.....

-Ari

13. tricky

tricky Senior member

I'm awaiting my first order: a dark red grenadine tie and a few pocket squares. I can't comment on the quality of the stuff yet but I will say this: AMAZING customer service. Well above and beyond what anyone could reasonably expect from ANY company.....

-Ari

I completely agree

14. AndrewRogers

AndrewRogers Senior member

I bought my first Sam Hober tie a while ago. I don't buy a zillion ties at once. In fact, right now I only own two from David, but the customer service I get is only matched by the ties themselves. This thread has just reminded me of what an asset David is and to order some more before production grinds to a halt thanks to the forum [​IMG]

15. vesses

vesses Senior member

better quality pic with a few more ties

[​IMG]