1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by in stitches, May 24, 2011.

Tags:
  1. pinkpanther

pinkpanther Senior member

I pretty much agree with your "city" assessment and the tie. My thoughts on wearing the pairing were that (1) I think of that suit as seasonal but somewhat "city" as it is worsted although I am no expert on these matters and (2) I liked the color combination. :)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  2. pinkpanther

Today's Hober is a repeat and is the Macclesfield #117 (6-fold construction).

[​IMG]

3. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

I cannot find this on the Hober website. Is there something I am missing or am I full of fail?

4. pinkpanther

Looks like it is out of stock and/or no longer available. Too bad 'cause it is a fantastic tie. :nodding:

5. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

Yeah, it is really a nice and unique tie. The colors appear to be a dark navy and powder blue, is that correct or is it skewed on my monitor?

6. semperexcelsius

semperexcelsius Senior member

looks to me like navy and silver

7. mandrbeck

mandrbeck Senior member

Yeah, it is really a nice and unique tie. The colors appear to be a dark navy and powder blue, is that correct or is it skewed on my monitor?[/quote

It is navy and light/powder blue. I have the swatch, but it sold out by the time I received the swatch. I hope David reorders it. I have the black and silver version and it is fantastic.

8. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

It's navy and powder blue. PP and I have the same tie. I thought they had stocked another similar pattern with a very slightly bigger houndstooth pattern but now am not sure.

1 person likes this.
  9. bsarosi

bsarosi Senior member

They have the B/W Houndstooth under Pattern Ties...I just ordered it for my wedding tie. Very excited! :bounce2:

1 person likes this.
  10. semperexcelsius

[​IMG]
    Two new Hobers—navy grenadine grossa and dark purple diamond weave, both 6-fold. It's my first Hober grenadine, and I'm kicking myself for not getting one sooner

4 people like this.
  11. Gavinband

Gavinband Senior member

Congrats, sir. I thought the exact same thing when my first batch arrived. I have never looked back (or at my bank account) now.

1 person likes this.
  12. semperexcelsius

My third and fourth Hobers overall—I'm not sure I'll ever be able to buy another tie from a different brand!

1 person likes this.
  13. archibaldleach

I know the feeling. Started years ago and now have 55 of the damn things.

3 people like this.
  14. semperexcelsius

Impressive, but I think @pinkpanther might have you beat... speaking of which, how many is he up to now?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  15. rockred819

rockred819 Well-Known Member

I'm about to order my first Hober. Dark red grenadine grossa six-fold. Both excited for myself and terrified for my wallet at the same time.

This is going to be my wedding tie, so my only debate now is whether to get it monogrammed. I'm leaning yes, in a nice silver color (silver is one of our wedding colors).

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  16. archibaldleach

@pinkpanther has me and everyone else beat by far. I believe he is over 100 at this point.

17. semperexcelsius

Not sure if silver being a wedding color is the right reason to get your tie monogrammed in silver—no one's going to see it, so get it in what color you want [​IMG] (even if you still want silver!)

On the other hand, if you were wearing a nice navy suit and wanted to show your wedding colors, consider going with the charcoal gray/silver grenadine fina... one of the best ties I know for a navy suit

1 person likes this.
  18. semperexcelsius

I bow down to the almighty @pinkpanther

19. rockred819

rockred819 Well-Known Member

You have a very fair point. I guess the silver would be more for me/my fiancee as a little inside thing, but to your other point, I actually think the silver monogram would look great on the dark red tie. My suit for the wedding is dark grey, and our wedding colors are burgundy, silver, and ivory (my fiancee's choice, I stayed away from that decision), hence the dark red color for the tie.

The charcoal fina is a gorgeous looking tie (just looked it up) and will definitely be on my list of next purchases.

1 person likes this.
  20. DCTieGuy

DCTieGuy Well-Known Member

Reposting wearing the new burgundy tie.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.